- “Fox, we have received reports that Andross is using bioengineering techniques to mutate the sea creatures of Aquas into deadly bioweapons. However, because of the rapidly spreading pollution in the planet's ocean, we have been unable to determinate exactly what is going on there. We need you to have a plunge and get to the bottom of Andross's schemes on Aquas. I understand that Slippy has designed an experimental battle submersible, the Blue-Marine, that can do the job. You're our only chance on this one, Fox!”
- —General Pepper's Flight Log, pg 84
Aquas is one of two oceanic worlds of the Lylat System, sharing its characteristics with Zoness. Unlike Zoness, Aquas is completely covered by ocean. The site of an ancient civilization, the planet became an unexpected battlefield during the Lylat Wars.
The entire surface of Aquas is covered with water, and abounds with a diverse range of aquatic life. Though generally harmless, some of Aquas' aquatic lifeforms can be extremely deadly, even to modern submersible vehicles. Ruins similar to those found on Titania point towards an ancient civilization that no longer exists, tangibly similar to the Anglars. The Ancient Civilization had originally ruled above the waves, where it built temples as well as harvesting aquatic life on Aquas. However, a monster underneath the waves, Bacoon, became jealous of the civilization's prosperity, and when it grew more powerful, it eventually learned to control the aquatic lifeforms. Bacoon then used this new found ability to command thousands of explosive starfish to migrate to the polar ice caps and explode, melting the polar caps and flooding the entire planet, thus ending the civilization.
- “The entire surface of Aquas is covered with water. Normally the ocean teems with life but the predations of Andross's forces have done severe damage to the planet's ecosystem. Undersea ruins similar to those found on Titania indicate that Aquas was once inhabited by intelligent beings.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
- “The ancient civilisation of Aquas once stood above the waves on a series of islands admits the global ocean. There, people built great temples and made a living by harvesting sea life from the surrounding waters. But long ago, a monstrous entity known as Bacoon grew in the depths of the ocean, and it was jealous of the glorious civilisation on the land. Over many years, Bacoon grew powerful. It learned how to control the other aquatic lifeforms, like the explosive Starfish. When Bacoon commanded thousands of the Starfish to migrate to the ice cap and explode, the resulting heat melted the polar ice cap and all the islands were covered by the sea forever.”
- —Lylat Datalink; Mysteries in the Deep pg 86
In the Manga
Aquas is visited in the Star Fox 64 manga, where General Pepper sends the Star Fox Team to investigate after reporting that pollution from Andross's forces have mutated the local sea creatures in dangerous monsters. Using the prototype Blue-Marine submarine, Fox searches the depths with the Light Bomb Torpedos and battles Bacoon with an aggressive Octopus clinging onto its hull. Bacoon is destroyed in its beat cycle as the pestering creature latches onto the Blue-Marine until it docks back at the Great Fox's hangar. Falco is very interested in cooking the Octopus but Fox is acceptable towards its mutation and allows it to go free. The Octopus was actually an infiltration craft piloted by Pigma Dengar who stowed away on Great Fox so he could sabotage the Arwing's G-Diffusers with time bombs.
- In Star Fox: Assault on Corneria, during the mission "War Comes Home", a blue planet can be seen from the surface.
- Possibly the island where Slippy lives at the Slippy's Resolve final of Star Fox Command has arisen due to the movement of tectonic plates of the planet or the eruption of an underwater volcano. As 97% of Aquas is entirely covered by water, there is reason to speculate that there are limited islands.
- Its appearance is extremely similar to the real life Planet Neptune which looks like it's made of water it is also known for The Great Dark Spot. Neptune was first discovered on September 23 in 1846.
Names in Other Languages
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- List of endings in Star Fox Command
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|