|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
The Aquas Squid is a large mollusk creature similar in appearance to a real world squid and is found on the planet of Aquas as its name suggests. Andross had been using bio-engineering techniques to mutate the sea creatures of Aquas into bio-tech enhanced monsters from the abyss. Each mindless bio-tech drone had been conditioned to think only one thought, destroy Star Fox or be destroyed.
The Aquas Squid mainly leisurely swims about horizontally within the ocean depths. There are two types of Aquas Squid.
- The more common smaller ones that swim freely theough the sea, armed with lasers. They can be taken down with one shot, therefore it is advisable to lock on with Torpedoes to take a gathering down in one shot, in order to get the bonus Hit benefits.
- There is also a larger variant in select locations. It has attack patterns too, but the main danger it provides is colliding with it. It can take quite a few rounds of torpedoes to fell this creature, compared to the smaller variations. An Aquas Squid is worth a HIT +3 upon defeat.
- “The giant squid can be found in several locations of the ocean, but they never present much of a problem. A single torpedo will turn them into Calamari, and you can destroy several with a single shot.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 85
- “Shoot, fire torpedoes and barrel roll simultaneously for best results in the seas of Aquas. To make sure you destroy as many enemies as possible, use the brake to hold back and get them all! The underwater canyon just before the final lieutenant is a particularly target rich environment full of shrimp mutants and starfish. Be sure to destroy the huge barnacles on top of Bacoon's shell as these are worth 12 hit points.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Normally the Aquas ocean teems with life but the predations of Andross's forces have done severe damage to the planet's ecosystem. Andross had been using bio-engineering techniques to mutate the sea creatures of Aquas into deadly weapons. However, because of the rapidly spreading pollution in the planet's ocean, Cornerian Intelligence were unable to determine exactly what was happening on the planet. During the Lylat Wars, several giant Aquas Squid were encountered by the Blue-Marine, making them the majority of targets on the ocean frontier.
In the manga
Aquas Squid appear in the Star Fox 64 manga where they are reduced to fried Calamari by the Blue-Marine.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Bioweapons & Wildlife|
|Boss Bioweapons and Monsters|
|Bacoon | Goras | Vulcain | Golemech | Biobrain | Dune Worm | Killer Bee (Star Fox Command) | Grunner | Monarch Dodora | Plasma Hydra|
|Gores | Troikas | Z-Gulls | Z-Serpents | Kani|
|Clam | Aquas Squid | Starfish | Giant Spindly Fish | Angler Fish | Sculpins | Garoas | Todora (Star Fox 64) | Todora (Star Fox Command)|
|Bomb Spore Plant | Alpine Root | MoonSeed | Bomb Spore | Bomb Spore Planting Patch | Magic Plant | Blue GrubTub Fungus | White GrubTub Fungus | MushGus | Cacti | Dumbledang Tree | Dumbledang Pods | Fire Weed | Spore Pod | Venus Foxtrap|
|Asteroid | Lava Bombs | Solar Prominences | Blocker | Pillars | Stone Column | Monument | Ore | Aquas Ruins|