1. Fox obtains the first one from an enslaved SnowHorn he frees using the Shackle Key. The SnowHorn tells Fox she found it while she was working, and because she thought it was important, she hid it from the SharpClaw. This Bridge Cog is used on a machine on a platform by the waterline at the other end of the river a little further down the road from where Fox frees the SnowHorn. After placing the Cog, Fox has to pull a lever to make a bridge extend to the other side of the river.
2. After breaking through the main gate, with the help of the Flame Command teaching SnowHorn, stumbles into the second machine, which requires three Cogs to work. After utilizing the nearby Rocket Boost Pad, Fox shortly gains control of a SharpClaw Cannon, which he must use to wipe out the five SharpClaws to open the Life-Force Door below the Cannon. After doing this, Fox finds the second Bridge Cog in the cave which the Life Force Door was blocking.
3. The third Cog lies in the building the five SharpClaw came out of.
4. To open the path to the last Bridge Cog Fox must blow up a small barricade blocking another cave entrance with the SharpClaw Cannon. Fox must make Tricky make use of his Flame Command to melt the ice blocking the cave where the final Cog is. After finding all the Cogs Fox must place them in the machine in the cave with the Boost Pad to make the second bridge extend. This bridge leads to a cave containing the Dinosaur Horn.
"This is a Bridge Cog. If you find the machine that it fits, then you'll be able to open a new route."
- Curiously, while depicted identical in the C-Stick Inventory, the Cogs are of different sizes when Fox places them in the machine. Fox can also place any Cog in any slot in the machine.
|Star Fox Adventures Items|
|Main Collectables||Scarab • Bomb Spore • FireFly • Blue GrubTub Fungus • MoonSeed • Fuel Cell • Krazoa Spirits • SpellStone • Staff Energy Gem • Bafomdad Holder • Cheat Token|
|Tools||Krystal's Staff • Hi-Def Display Device • Laser Upgrade • Smart Bomb • CloudRunner Flute • Dinosaur Horn • FireFly Lantern • P.D.A • Scarab Bag • Fuel Barrel|
|Health||Supply Ring • PukPuk Eggs • Dumbledang Pods • Bafomdad|
|Special Items||SnowHorn Artifact • Gold Bar • Alpine Root • Bridge Cog • Fire Gem • Fire Weed • Frost Weed • Light Gem • Meteorite • Rock Candy • Sacred RedEye Teeth • Tricky's Ball • White GrubTub Fungus • Wooden Block • Sun and Moon Stones|
|Containers||Container • Item Box • SharpClaw Crate • Basket|
|Keys||Gold Key • Moon Pass Key • SharpClaw Prison Key • Shackle Key • Power Room Key|
|Other||SharpClaw Speeder • SharpClaw Cannon • Rock • Scarab Wells • SpellStone Seal • Fuel Barrel Generator • Scarab Toll|