|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
|This page or some/one of its sections may require clean-up. If you would like to help, try editing the page to fix any grammar mistakes or false information.|
- “Throw me 20 Scarabs and I'll give you a Cheat Token!”
- —Creature in Well
Cheat Tokens are yellow, giant coin-like tokens, that can be bought from well hidden Scarab Wells scattered throughout Dinosaur Planet, excluding the places floating in space: DarkIce Mines, CloudRunner Fortress, Walled City and Dragon Rock, in Star Fox Adventures. There is a total of eight Wells and each Token costs 20 Scarabs. To be of any use, they must be taken to the well in the middle of the Game Well Maze under the Warp Stone. Rewards range from pieces of text to some actually pretty funny things, though none of them is actually useful gameplay-wise, nor are any of them required to complete the game. Please see Scarab Wells for more info.
Locations and rewards
|Cheat Token #1||ThornTail Store's main hall||Staff Credits available in options menu||Only the 20 Scarabs|
|Cheat Token #2||In a cave in the first part of Ice Mountain||Music Test in audio menu||Bomb Spore, Fire Blaster|
|Cheat Token #3||In the end of a river in SnowHorn Wastes||Message about an enemy (¤)||SharpClaw Prison Key|
|Cheat Token #4||In the end of Moon Mountain Pass||Dino language setting in options menu, or message about destiny (¤¤¤¤¤)||MoonSeed, Flame Command|
|Cheat Token #5||Chase baby LightFoots from underground in LightFoot Village||Message about a friend (¤¤)||LightFoot Tribe membership|
|Cheat Token #6||Shoot a rock wall with a cannon in Cape Claw||Sepia mode (black and white screen) setting in options menu||Portal Device|
|Cheat Token #7||Grow a Moonseed right outside Volcano Force Point Temple||Encouragement message (¤¤¤)||Third SpellStone, Moonseed, Flame Command|
|Cheat Token #8||After the electric floor in Ocean Force Point Temple||Message warning about a sorrow (¤¤¤¤)||Fourth SpellStone, Portal Device|
- (¤): "His Life-Force is strong. His existence is like a virus. I can hear his breath in every corner of space. He will not only use the evil hearts of others. But he can also corrupt those that are good."
- (¤¤): "A friend who has left, still cares about you. The bond of your friendship still remains. He will soon appear before you. And you should accept him with all your heart."
- A clear reference to Fox's dear friend Falco Lombardi.
- (¤¤¤): "I can see you have matured into a strong leader. I am always there with you. Never give up... Trust your instincts... My son..."
- An obvious reference to Fox's father James McCloud.
- (¤¤¤¤): "There is sorrow ahead. A close friend does not have much time left. It will be hard to accept but you will grow."
- (¤¤¤¤¤): "You are meant to be together. It was your destiny. Together as one, you will bring peace."
- This is probably a reference to Fox and Krystal coming together at the end of the game, and their future adventures together, keeping peace in the Lylat system. Some versions of the game contain this message, while other versions have the Dinosaur language option. It is not simply a PAL / NTSC difference, as there were PAL versions of the game which had this message, and there were also PAL versions of the game with the Dinosaur language option included instead.
- The Warp Stone is portrayed on the Cheat Tokens. This makes sense, since the place where they have to be taken (the Game Well Maze) is located underneath him.