- “Location confirmed! Sending supplies!”
- —ROB 64
Containers (also known as Supply Containers,Special Boxes or even Weapon Crates) are special items that contain power-ups like Supply rings, Smart bombs, Laser upgrades and Wing repairs. In order to be able to collect the power-up inside, the Container has to be shot once to reveal the item inside. They are present in both Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Adventures.
Star Fox 64/3D
In Star Fox 64 and its 3DS remake, Containers only appear if Fox McCloud responds to ROB 64's Communications Channel contact attempt by pressing the C-Right button. ROB will then say "Location confirmed. Sending supplies." and drop the Container in the Arwing's path. It has to be shot to reveal the item inside. The possible items are Supply ring, Shield ring, Middle supply, Smart bomb, Laser upgrade, and Wing repair if Fox has lost either or both of his Arwing's wings. In appearance, they are red cubes with a green "S" on each side. ROB will contact Fox at scripted points during the game, and during All-Range mode occasionally. The item inside will depend on the Arwing's physical status, (broken wings and laser level).
Instruction booklet references
- “Container: Sometimes during the game, a yellow mark will appear at the top of the screen. This means that ROB64 is trying to contact you. Press C-Right to respond. Sometimes ROB64 will give you a container. Shoot the container to receive the helpful item inside.”
- —Star Fox 64; Instruction Booklet
Call for backup
- “ROB 64 will sometimes contact you via sub-space radio during battle. When you hear a chime and see a yellow icon flash, press the right C Button to open a channel. ROB will send a supply container with an item in it. To find other items and identify strategic points in each mission, refer to the battle maps on the following pages. The chart below is a key to the icons on the map and tactical readouts.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 16.
- “At certain points of each mission, you will receive a transmission from Great Fox. If you acknowledge this transmission (by pressing the Right C Button) ROB64 will send a Supply Container which will contain helpful items like extra Smart Bombs.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Star Fox Adventures
In Star Fox Adventures, Containers work just like in Star Fox 64, except they already are floating in the space, without the need to answer to ROB 64's call. Additionally, they are now grey cubes with a red "S" on each side. They tend to mainly contain Smart bombs and in some cases Laser upgrades.
This item also appeared during the boss battle where Fox fought Drakor, but they all only hold Silver Rings that help the player recover at least a quarter of a heart.
- “Shoot these crates to an upgrade for your blasters or a smart bomb.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 14
Star Fox: Assault
The containers did not return for this game as items, (being Supply Rings and Smart Bombs), were dropped behind by Fox's team mates, usually as a gesture of gratitude for rescuing them.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Games/Adventure. Platform: Nintendo GameCube,™
- ↑ The official Nintendo Power's Star Fox 64 player's guide
- ↑ The official Nintendo Power's Star Fox Adventures player's guide
|Supplies in Star Fox series|
|Laser Upgrade | Smart Bomb | Torpedo | Fuel Barrel|
|Supply Ring | First Aid Kit | Fuel Cell | Wing gyro | 1-Up | PukPuk Eggs | Dumbledang Pods | Bafomdad | Barrier Sphere | Reflector | Stealth Suit|
|Container | Item Box | SharpClaw Crate | Basket|
|Special Flag | Star Fox Adventures items | Medal|