Cornerians, citizens of Corneria, seem to be mainly canines, but since around 85% of the Lylat System's population originates from this planet, there is no specific single dominating race of anthromorphic humanoid animals.
Society and Culture
- “The geology of Corneria may not seem like the most exciting topic in the Lylat System, but the porous, volcanic stone of Corneria has shaped the planet's history in many ways. Everywhere you go on the planet, you'll find that caves, tunnels, stone arches and crevices have been carved from the rock by the planet's many streams and rivers. Thoughout history, Cornerians have used these rocky refuges to hide from their oppressors. In times of war, the citizens flee to the hills and huddle far beneath the ground, safe until the fighting ends. Entire cities have been built in the larger cave systems to house the refugees. When the war ends and the people return home, they call it "rocking out".”
- —Lylat Datalink; Corneria Rocks pg 31
The people of Corneria are generally peaceful and would rather avoid fierce conflict than suffer casualties, unfortunately, this makes them easy targets for malevolant forces such as Andross's Empire. They mainly live in the highly advanced Corneria City, retreating to seek refuge within the mountains when the planet comes under attack.
The various technologies of this planet, which are developed by the Cornerians themselves, are highly advanced, compared to real world counterparts, highly developed spacecraft, weapons, communication channels, and other designs that far outdate that of our own.
- Wolf O'Donnell, being a canine, was most likely born on Corneria due to his history with James McCloud.
- Peppy Hare, his wife, Vivian Hare, and their daughter Lucy Hare belong to this planet as they are life long friends of the McCloud family.
- General Pepper, commander in chief of Corneria's military forces, is a Hound, a famous breed of dog.
- Andross, former top Primate scientist of the Cornerian Army, originated from Corneria until his banishment to Venom for performing dangerous, illegal experiments (a reason for banishment would be that the Cornerians are peaceful and an execution would make Pepper no better than Andross).
- Falco Lombardi's past is shrouded in mystery. Therefore, his homeworld is unclear, whether or not he belongs to Corneria or Zoness (as he showed sympathy for both of their states during the Lylat Wars).
Notable Affliations and Companies
- The Star Fox team were founded on this planet by James McCloud, Peppy Hare, and Pigma Dengar.
- The Cornerian Army, which mostly made up of Dogs known as Dog Soldiers, who are led by General Pepper. Dash Bowman, grandson of Andross, is a pilot in this army. Bill Grey is a commander of the Husky and Bulldog Squadrons. The Cornerian Defense Force acts as police and law enforcement around the planet.
- Space Dynamics Co Ltd., a company which is famous for its creations of spacecraft and weapons, headed by president Yaru de Pon and director of engineering Beltino Toad.
- The Cornerian Flight Academy, many of its graduates become involved with the above fractions and causes. A Cornerian University is known to exist, where scientists believe that the legendary lost space tribe of Cornerus originated from Venom.
- Corneria Precious Metals Ltd. is a deep space mining company managed by president Grippy Toad.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Cornerian Army||General Pepper • Peppy Hare • Captain Shears • Bill Grey • Dog Soldiers • James McCloud|
|Inhabitants||Beltino Toad • Dash Bowman • Vivian Hare • Yaru de Pon • Vixy Reinard • Grippy Toad|
|Companies||Cornerian Defense Force • Bulldog Squadron • Husky Squadron • Cornerian Academy • Space Dynamics • Corneria Precious Metals Ltd. • Star Fox • Free-As-A-Bird • G-Zero Grand Prix • Star Falco|
|Vehicles||Cornerian Fighter • II • Cornerian Fleet • Cornerian Flagship • General's flagship • Monkey Arrow • Cornerian Assault Carrier • Pleiades-class Cruiser • Cornerian Transport|
|Technology||Radar Sites • Sentry Bot • Re-block • AegisCam • RE:BOT • Self-destruct program|
|Bases||Fichina Base • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Corneria City • Climate control center • Orbital Gate • Area 3|