- “Fox, the military situation on Corneria is deteriorating! Andross's advance forces have finally breached our defences and are assaulting the capital! We've held them back for as long as possible, but now we need your help! The main thrust of Andross's attack on Corneria is centred around the old army base in Corneria City. Approach the city through the southern canyon- this should give you the element of surprise. Take out all the fighters and ground forces. Beware of falling rubble from the buildings of the city, and watch out for berserk construction robots!”
- —General Pepper's Flight Log, pg 26
Garudas are large, vaugely humanoid, red/green/white robots which are armed with four clawed "hands" and roll around using tank treads as their method of travel. They have a blue "eye" on the front of their domes. Their colour motif is similar to most other Androssian lieutenant units, such as Granga's Mech.
- “Garuda bots roll around the city, sometimes carrying huge beams from destroyed buildings. Look for them near structures, where they are about to cause havoc. Blast them early to prevent them from destroying buildings or throwing beams at your ship. You can earn up to fives hits for a Garuda.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 27
- “The giant Garuda bot will push over the tower on top of the Laser Upgrade unless you destroy the bot first. From a distance, just as the tower comes into view, push the A Button to get a laser lock on the bot. if you blast it soon enough, it won't push over the building and you can swerve left to grab the more powerful laser.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 29
In the games
Star Fox 64/3D
Since they were manufactured on Macbeth, they witnessed very minute of action during the war, but they were, however, deployed extensively on the Conerian Front, where their impressive stature and large cybertronic claws proved to be useful in performing actions such as topple buildings and hurl pylons.
The Forever Train on Macbeth, also carried Garuda units on its carts.
Star Fox Zero
Garudas reappear in Star Fox Zero, behaving like before where some throw pylons at the player.
- The name Garuda is shared by a humanoid bird-like creature appearing in Hinduism and Buddhism.
- A Garuda is on the game cartridge for Star Fox 64/ Lylat Wars.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.