Each shot does more damage than the aforementioned weapon and can be used to defeat heavily-armored enemies such as the Aparoid Dragoon, but the gun holds fewer rounds and is less accurate, making it a close-range weapon. The Gatling Gun is unlockable in Versus Mode by playing 20 VS. matches. The Gatling Gun is rarer than its weaker counterpart, making less common and less likely to be used. Some Aparoid Rollers drop Gatling Guns behind as a reward for disposing of them.
The Gatling Gun is an effective room clearer in situations with densely-packed groups of enemies, especially when used in conjunction with a Barrier for protection. This makes it useful for Krystal because of her double barrier ability, which is probably why she is pictured with it in the official artwork. Also, in conjunction with the Booster Pack, one can punish nearby Arwings, though this is dangerous because of the Arwing's Charged Laser having superior range.
Official Site description
- “Gatling Gun: A stronger version of the machine gun, the Gatling Gun will blaze with a serious rat-a-tat-tat when you hold the firing button. Be conservative with the ammo -- it is severely limited.”
- —Gatling Gun description on the official site.
Instruction Booklet description
- “Gatling Gun: Press and hold the fire button to shoot continually. A more powerful versions of the machine gun.”
- —Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
- Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
|Guns||Blaster • Demon Launcher • Demon Sniper Rifle • Gatling Gun • Homing Launcher • Machine Gun • Missile Launcher • Plasma Cannon • Sniper Rifle|
|Explosives||Cluster Bomb • Fireburst Pod • Grenade • Sensor Bomb • Smart Bomb • Torpedo • Self-destruct program|
|Lasers||Arc/Curve • Hyper • Plasma • Single • Twin • Zapper|
|Reticle Locks||Charge • Multi Lock • Single Lock • Wide Lock|
|Other||Krystal's Staff • Booster Pack|