|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
Giant Spindly Fish are a native species of Aquas. They are large lunkers that are spotted around the edges of the polluted areas of Aquas. Normally the Aquas ocean teems with life but the predations of Andross's forces have done severe damage to the planet's ecosystem. Andross had been using bio-engineering techniques to mutate the sea creatures of Aquas into deadly weapons, ensuring that each mindless bio-tech drone has been conditioned to think only one thought, destroy Star Fox or be destroyed.
Giant Spindly Fish are long, worm-like creatures that swim without attempting to interact with the Blue-Marine. The fish are resilient, usually requiring multiple lasers or torpedos to take down.
- “These lurking lunchers appear about a third of the way through the ocean stage. You can destroy them with lasers or torpedoes, but use torps quickly in order to get the maximum three hits. The fish swim across your path, from left to right, not allowing you much time.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 85
Giant Spindly Fish
- “These long fish appear swimming slowly out of the blackness and cross your path. You won't have long to destroy them, so shoot torpedoes and lasers. Lock on your torps-you may get a Supply Ring from the first fish.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 87
- “Shoot, fire torpedoes and barrel roll simultaneously for best results in the seas of Aquas. To make sure you destroy as many enemies as possible, use the brake to hold back and get them all! The underwater canyon just before the final lieutenant is a particularly target rich environment full of shrimp mutants and starfish. Be sure to destroy the huge barnacles on top of Bacoon's shell as these are worth 12 hit points.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
During the Lylat Wars, at least three Giant Spindly Fish were encountered by the Blue-Marine, nevertheless they were destroyed by the Star Fox Team and they added the fish destructions to their service receipt.
In the Comic
One Giant Spindly Fish appears in the Lylat Wars Comic, just as soon as Fox discovers that the seas are swarming with horrible mutants created by Andross's pollution.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Bioweapons & Wildlife|
|Boss Bioweapons and Monsters|
|Bacoon | Goras | Vulcain | Golemech | Biobrain | Dune Worm | Killer Bee (Star Fox Command) | Grunner | Monarch Dodora | Plasma Hydra|
|Gores | Troikas | Z-Gulls | Z-Serpents | Kani|
|Clam | Aquas Squid | Starfish | Giant Spindly Fish | Angler Fish | Sculpins | Garoas | Todora (Star Fox 64) | Todora (Star Fox Command)|
|Bomb Spore Plant | Alpine Root | MoonSeed | Bomb Spore | Bomb Spore Planting Patch | Magic Plant | Blue GrubTub Fungus | White GrubTub Fungus | MushGus | Cacti | Dumbledang Tree | Dumbledang Pods | Fire Weed | Spore Pod | Venus Foxtrap|
|Asteroid | Lava Bombs | Solar Prominences | Blocker | Pillars | Stone Column | Monument | Ore | Aquas Ruins|