- "Those who cross Andross will die!"
AppearanceEditGranga himself appears to be some sort of ape or monkey in a military uniform. The giant robot he pilots is several stories tall, red and bipedal, and stands on two rickety legs with a pair of missile launcher "arms". A large green backpack-shaped device, possibly the robot's power source, is attached to its back plate. Andross's insignia is printed on its chest.
Methods of attackEdit
Granga is perhaps the easiest of the bosses in Star Fox 64, with easily dodged attacks and few of them at that. Granga's mech fires lasers from two cannons on its underside, homing missiles from pods mounted to its shoulders and the backpack, and energy balls from its head.
One can easily shoot the legs of this mech to immobilize it, which has the added bonus of disabling the laser cannons, and its head can also be blown off to stop it from firing energy blasts. The missile launchers on its sides can be destroyed, but Granga will still be able to fire missile from its back if its legs are gone. The power supply on its back is its primary weakness, and scoring hits on this vulnerable area is all too easy if Granga is unable to walk around. Several Smart Bombs fired at him will quickly defeat him for good. In his defeat he shouts his last words "My emperor! I've failed you!!" as his mech goes up in an explosion, killing him instantly.
- If the player manages to successfully somersault over and beneath Granga without colliding in the process, they will be rewarded with an extra life.
- It is unknown what Granga's purpose is, other than to fight the Star Fox Team.
- Granga is the only boss pilot besides the Star Wolf team members, Caiman to a certain extent and Andross himself to have a name.
- In the official guide for Star Fox 64, Granga was stated to be the name of the pilot of the mech. However, in the 3DS version, the name was instead attributed to the mech itself via the boss subtitles.