|We need your help, users! This article/section is a stub, meaning there is little information to fill its contents and needs more information to expand it upon. If you know any information taken from gameplay or strategy guides, you can help Arwingpedia's article by expanding it. Referenced sources are appreciated. Hurry users!|
- “You have collected the ICE BLAST! Use it to douse flames and freeze bad guys!”
- —Magic Cave's description
Its functions are as expected: It is able to extinguish fire and freeze enemies that are too tough for the Staff, such as the FireCrawler. This technique is the only way to defeat the FireBats. Like the Boost/Brake Gauge, the effect and range of the Ice Blaster is greater the longer the button is held, yet it will rapidly deplete the Staff's magic meter. Therefore, it is recommended that the Staff's magic meter upgrades are collected to prolong its use.
- “One of the more useful upgrades, the Ice Blaster is devastating in combat. Freeze SharpClaws or face other foes, turning them into ugly ice sculptures, then shatter them with a single blow from the Staff. The range is limited, so it's not so good against flyers. The Ice Blaster also extinguishes flames that block your path (medium or small fires only).”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 6
Like the other upgrades in Star Fox Adventures, this technique's official name is inconsistent. At first, when receiving the upgrade, the game announces the attainment of "Ice Blast". General Pepper also uses this name if contacted via the Communicator. However, in the C-Stick Inventory, it is always named "Freeze Blast". Outside the game, in Prima's Official Strategy Guide, the upgrade is addressed as "Ice Blaster". Ergo, this Staff upgrade has three names.
- Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Games/Adventure. Platform: Nintendo GameCube,™
- Star Fox Adventures