|This article needs pictures. You can help Arwingpedia by uploading pictures.|
Kani are amphibious lifeforms, native to Zoness that once were a favoured local delicacy in restaurants of Zoness on the tropical vacation world. However, Andross's bio-weaponry had polluted the once beautiful oceans and transformed the beautiful sea creatures into hideous monstrosities and each mindless bio-tech drone had been conditioned to think only one thought, destroy Star Fox or be destroyed.
Following their mutation, Kani became spider, shaped monstrosities that swim across the seas like graceful gliders.
- “Once a favoured delicacy in Zoness restaurants, the now monstrous Kani are looking to turn you into their next meal! Charged lasers should do the trick, and they usually leave bombs behind.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 91
Search and destroy
- “Charge your lasers and be ready to cook some Kani. A Smart Bomb is your reward.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 92
At least three Kani were encountered by the Star Fox Team during the Lylat Wars.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Bioweapons & Wildlife|
|Boss Bioweapons and Monsters|
|Bacoon | Goras | Vulcain | Golemech | Biobrain | Dune Worm | Killer Bee (Star Fox Command) | Grunner | Monarch Dodora | Plasma Hydra|
|Gores | Troikas | Z-Gulls | Z-Serpents | Kani|
|Clam | Aquas Squid | Starfish | Giant Spindly Fish | Angler Fish | Sculpins | Garoas | Todora (Star Fox 64) | Todora (Star Fox Command)|
|Bomb Spore Plant | Alpine Root | MoonSeed | Bomb Spore | Bomb Spore Planting Patch | Magic Plant | Blue GrubTub Fungus | White GrubTub Fungus | MushGus | Cacti | Dumbledang Tree | Dumbledang Pods | Fire Weed | Spore Pod | Venus Foxtrap|
|Asteroid | Lava Bombs | Solar Prominences | Blocker | Pillars | Stone Column | Monument | Ore | Aquas Ruins|