As of Star Fox 64 to Star Fox Command, Solar is visible from many planets, instead of Lylat. In contradiction, Star Fox 2 reveals that the Lylat system was a binary star system, and was located far away from Venom. But since the Star Fox 2 game was not officially released, the in-game map is questionable. Despite its apparent size, the Lylat star is yet to be seen on any official map of the Lylat system.
- “With a surface temperature in excess of 3,500 degrees Kelvin, Solar is the undisputed hot spot in the Lylat System. When measured against other stars in the system, however, Solar looks downright frigid. Solar is a red M-Class dwarf, one of the coldest stars in the universe. In contrast, Solar's antithesis, a B-Class blue star, has a searing temperature of 25,000 degrees Kelvin and a life expectancy of a couple billion years. Luckily, M-Class stars burn the slowest and last the longest. Scentists predict that Solar will keep shining in the Lylat System for 100 billion years or more. ”
- —Lylat Datalink; One cool hot spot pg 75
Real World comparisons
- The two stars from the Lylat map in Star Fox 2, strongly resembles the positions of the real stars "Sirius A" and "Sirius B".
- In real life, our solar system star is called "Sun", this is possible if "Lylat" is only a region rather than a name for a star, that means "Solar" is the center from the Lylat System.
- There is a hidden reference from the "Lylat" name, some initials letters is used from a spanish words: "La via lactea" translated as "Milky way", they put the letters together as "Lilat" and is sound like "Lylat" they just replace "i" with a "y".
- According to the "History trailer" from Star Fox Zero, during the cockpit view from the N64 Arwing there's a blue star that would likely be identified as Lylat and the yellow star may likely be Solar.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox 64 Keibunsha Guide. Nintendo of Japan. 1997.
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|