|This page is currently undergoing maintenance. This may be due to out of date information or new information detailing from an upcoming or newly released game. Therefore, please excuse its incomplete and informal current state.|
Macbeth's role in the games.
Macbeth appears in Star Fox on the third level route. It was depicted to be a highly seismically active planet with a very dense atmosphere and many volcanoes dotting the planet. Andross sees Macbeth as an ideal place to build a forward base. The Spinning Core is the stage's boss. The manual also mentioned that the seismic activity, combined with Andross using it as a storage area for various weapons, made it a "ticking time bomb." Judging from the fact that several volcanoes and enemies appear on the ceiling, the original Star Fox's Macbeth takes place inside its hollow crust, despite there being smoke/clouds in the background.
- In the original Star Fox, Macbeth was colored red instead of green in later games.
Planet III: Macbeth
- “Macbeth has a long history of geological disasters which have changed its very shape. In a unique geological occurrence, the core of the planet shrank while the crust remained the same size, making much of the planet hollow. Andross has used this to his advantage, stockpiling the world with weapons, ammunition and spare ships. As a result of the amount of weaponry storewide there, the planet is a gigantic bomb waiting to explode.”
- —Star Fox 1993; Instruction Booklet
Mission No 5. Macbeth: Venom Army Supply Base; The Forever Train
Type: Corridor Mode
In Star Fox 64, Macbeth can be approached from Sector X, Solar and Zoness. If Sector X is met with a "Mission Accomplished" from destroying Spyborg, the routes can be chosen between Macbeth and Titania, but if Slippy crashes through space the route choice will be cancelled and go straight to Titania only. The route from Solar will go straight to Macbeth only. If the Radar Buoys spotted Star Fox on Zoness, the route will be forced to go to Macbeth only, but if all the searchlights were taken out without setting them off, the routes can be chosen at will. Arriving from Zoness will trigger the arrival of Katt Monroe who will assist in taking down fighters and the track switches. But if the route taken to Macbeth did not include Zoness, Katt couldn't determine where Star Fox went to therefore she won't appear at all. The outcome of this mission is determinable by either destroying Mechbeth and heading to Bolse, or derailing the Forever Train and permitting a choice of route between Area 6 and Bolse.
- Falco will be chased by a Bandit in the cayon just ahead of the train tunnel
- Randomised during Mechbeth battle (only if the eight switches were missed)
- Cannon Cars
- Defense Towers
- Granga Fighters
- Automated Rail Guns
- Tripod Fighters
- Bandit Fighters
- Liquid Fuel Carrier
Boss: Mechbeth (Easy Path)
Boss: Macbeth Weapons Factory (Hard Path)
Official Site Data
- “Macbeth is the industrial key to Andross's military machine. Liberating this planet from his clutches will cripple his ability to produce additional weaponry. In addition, this is the main launching point for the interplanetary cruise missiles Andross has been using to assault Corneria. Resistance fighters on Macbeth have gotten information on a gigantic train that transports minerals and weapons from the mines and factories to Andross's main base and launching area. Although the train's route is well defended, derailing that train and stopping its shipment will be a crippling blow to Andross's plans.
Intelligence - If you manage to trip the eight switches and destroy the switch box, you'll derail the supply train and continue on to Area 6.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Medal Score: 150 hits
Checkpoint Goal: 95 hits
- “At the beginning of this mission, try to knock out as many of the train's cars as possible. You'll also want to take out the elevated guns as they will sometimes yield bombs. The big payoff in terms of hit points comes from shooting the eight switches at the end of the mission. Successfully hitting all of these targets will cause the train to take an incomplete side spur, which will net you 50 bonus points when it derails. The sixth switch is the most commonly overlooked, since it is hidden behind a gate.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Star Fox 64 3D site
- To get to Bolse, play through the level normally.
- To get to Area 6, shoot all eight switches and then the switch box near the end of the level.
- Score needed for medal
In Star Fox 2, Macbeth is depicted a superheated planet completely covered in bubbling magma. This may be explained by the 1993 game's instruction manual, stating that Andross's massive storage of weaponry makes the entire planet "a gigantic bomb waiting to explode". As it has not made an official appearance in later games, its true fate is unknown.
- Because Macbeth was not a target of the Anglar Blitz, it is nowhere to be seen on the Lylat Map in Star Fox Command.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox 1993; Instruction Booklet
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness • Secret Base|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Satellite Defense Platform • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|