Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- “Macbeth is the industrial key to Andross's military machine. If you liberate this planet, Fox, you will cripple his ability to produce weaponry. This is also the main launching point for the interplanetary cruise missiles Andross has been using to assault Corneria. Resistance fighters on Macbeth have information on a train that transports minerals and weapons from the mines and factories to Andross's main base and launching area. Although its route is well defended, derailing the train and stopping its shipment will be a crippling blow to Andross's plans.”
- —General Pepper's Flight Log, pg 76
The Weapons Factory on Macbeth is the Venom Army's main weapons production facility. Macbeth was well known as a mineral treasure house. The planet had a relatively large population of miners, who have recently been enslaved by Andross to manufacture weapons and supplies for his armies.
As well as mechanized starfighters assembled in Macbeth's weapons labs, a large portion of the Venom force's weapons and equipment, including the Tripod fighters, Garuda units, the Copperhead Interplanetary Cruise Missiles, and presumably the Ninjin missiles, were developed from this facility, and its construction resulted in most of Macbeth's Birnam Wood being cut down. It was guarded by automated cannon train carts on smaller tracks, a large plethora of Dragon fighters, newer models of the Tripod starfighters, as well as security barriers that activate at a train engineer's command. It was also the place where an experimental weapon, Mechbeth, as well as its various weapons systems, were developed. It also has eight switches that, upon activation, will unlock a train track switcher, one leads to the supply depot approximately 500 miles away, and the other track is closed off because it leads to the facility's main fuel bunker.
- “Much of Macbeth's Birnam Wood was cleared away to make room for Venom's Army Supply Base. The colossal Weapons Factory here assembles the missile components used against the Corneria forces fighting in Sector Z. You don't have the firepower to destroy this hardened target, but if you redirect one of the weapon trains, you might set off a devastating chain reaction.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 77
- “Years ago Macbeth was the center of the aerospace industry for the Lylat System. Gifted scientists and engineers flocked to the planet to share knowledge and make staggering sums of money. Orders poured in and a consortium of companies worked long hours to meet the demand. While there should have been enough wealth for everybody, a handful of greedy CEOs tried to gather up all the power by betraying the consortium with hostile takeovers and leveraged buyouts. Capitalising on the confusion and brutal infighting, Andross invaded the planet, enslaved the scientists and set up weapon assembly lines.”
- —Lylat Datalink, The tragic tale of Macbeth, pg 81
Macbeth was the industrial key to Andross's military machine. Liberating this planet from his clutches would cripple his ability to produce additional weaponry. In addition, this was the main launching point for the interplanetary cruise missiles Andross has been using to assault Corneria. Resistance fighters on Macbeth had gotten information on a gigantic train that transports minerals and weapons from the mines and factories to Andross's main base and launching area. Although the train's route was well defended, derailing that train and stopping its shipment was be a crippling blow to Andross's plans.
During the Lylat Wars, The Star Fox team was sent to Macbeth to liberate the planet. As the base was designed to withstand firepower comparable to that of the Great Fox, the Star Fox team instead decided to simply take out one of the supply trains to significantly delay the Venomian Forces weapons production, with Fox McCloud commandeering a Landmaster tank to attack it on the ground while the rest of the team gave air support to Fox, with further assistance from Katt Monroe (providing the player arrived via Zoness). After doing significant damage to the train, Falco Lombardi managed to spot the fuel bunker on the right side, causing the team to decide to shoot the eight switchlocks, and then activate the track switcher to change the track, sending the train plowing through the weapons facility and destroying the production facility in a series of seven explosions after crashing into the fuel bunker.
- The Weapons Factory is worth an incredible 50 HIT points upon its destruction, making it the most point valuable target in Star Fox 64/3D along with the Wolfen II, worth even more than the final boss, Andross's brain. These points are only gained if the player shoots all eight switches, or else they will have to face Mechbeth instead.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.