Star Fox 64/3D
The Cornerian Air Force Medals of valour in Star Fox 64/3D are standard Gold Medals with blue ribbons and an Arwing in the coin's center. In each area, if a player shoots down enough enemies, they will be eligible to receive a medal. Also, all three wingmates (Peppy, Slippy, and Falco) must be alive at the end of the mission. After reaching the level's requirements, the point score check will flash from white into red, indicating a medal's collection. If all medals are collected, the player unlocks Expert Mode.
- “In each area, if you shoot down enough enemies, will be eligible to receive a medal. If you receive a medal for each area, something special will happen. Below is a listing of the minimum number of necessary hits required for each area to receive a medal: NOTE: In addition, each team member must be alive at the end of each area.”
- —Star Fox 64, Instruction Booklet
- “When one of your wingmen sends out a mayday, you'd better answer the call. You'll have to trust each other and watch each other's backs if you expect to succeed against Andross and his cruel hordes. If all of you are alive and well at the end of a mission, you may qualify for a medal from the Cornerian Air Force. In addition, saving one of your wingmen may be part of a secret mission or may help open up a new path for you to explore.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, pg 7
Strategy Guide Pullout
- “Though you're not a commissioned officer in the Cornerian military, you can be decorated for valour in combat. If you score a creation number of hits in a mission and all your wingmen survive, you'll be awarded a gold medal. The specific number of hit required is listed below each mission name on the navigational chart at left. You'll have your best chances for winning medals in Corneria, Aquas and Fichina, while Sector Z, Katina and Area 6 will pose the greatest challenge.”
- —Official Nintendo Power Player's Guide, Navigational Chart
Note: Fichina was mistakenly called Fortuna in the English version of Star Fox 64
Expert Mode Medals
In Expert Mode the medal requirements stay the same.
Star Fox: Assault
The medals in Star Fox Assault are much like those in Star Fox 64, but there are four types: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Ally. Bronze, Silver, and Gold are earned by reaching the specific amount of points. The medals themselves are fox head shaped, like the Shield Gauge in Star Fox Adventures. To get these three medals the player must play the level on the selected Medal difficulty. For example, if a player wants to get a Silver medal they must play the level on the Silver difficulty.
|Mission 1. Fortuna||450||1100||2300|
|Mission 2. Katina||400||1100||2300|
|Mission 3. Sargasso Hideout||400||900||1500|
|Mission 4. Fichina||600||2000||3900|
|Mission 5. Asteroid Belt||400||1000||2100|
|Mission 6. Sauria||350||800||1600|
|Mission 7. Corneria||350||800||1600|
|Mission 8. Orbital Gate||400||1200||2100|
|Mission 9. Aparoid City||500||1400||2500|
|Mission 10. Aparoid Tunnels||250||700||1500|
If all the Silver Medals are collected then the player unlocks Namco's classic game Xevious.
In addition to the above medals, Ally Medals are earned by completing missions without any retreats from all three wingmates (Slippy, Falco, and Krystal). If all Ally Medals are collected, the player unlocks Wolf O'Donnell in Versus Mode. The Ally Medals are gold coins with five point stars on them.
- “You get ally medals if all team members survive a mission.”
- —Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
Star Fox Zero
Medals identical to the Ally Medals in Assault appear in Star Fox Zero, where the play must use the Gyrowing's robot to explore small areas and collect them. They appear in Gold, Silver and Bronze variants.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox 64 Instruction Booklet
- Star Fox Assault Instruction Booklet
|Weapons||Laser Upgrade • Smart Bomb • Torpedo • Fuel Barrel|
|Health||Supply Ring • First Aid Kit • Fuel Cell • Wing gyro • 1-Up • PukPuk Eggs • Dumbledang Pods • Bafomdad • Barrier Sphere • Reflector • Stealth Suit|
|Containers||Container • Item Box • SharpClaw Crate • Basket|
|Other||Special Flag • Star Fox Adventures items • Medal • Key of destiny • Hit Point|