- This article is about the Meteor in Star Fox. You may be looking for Meteo, also known as the Asteroid Belt.
Meteor, also known as the Battle Base Meteor is a planetoid in Star Fox for SNES. This artificial asteroid was originally designed as an amusement facility called "Meteor Land", but Andross seized the Meteor for his own use, fortifying it into a battle base for his war against Corneria.
In the games
In Star Fox, the Meteor is the fourth stage along the game's Level 1 path, after the Andross Space Armada and before the Venom Orbital. In this stage, the Star Fox team flies close to the ground and at low visibility, making it one of the more challenging stages for avoiding collisions with solid objects. At the end of the stage, Fox fights the Dancing Insector in his Arwing.
- “This giant planetoid is actually an artificial asteroid that was created to be a great amusement facility called "Meteor Land". The evil Emperor Andross, however, turned it into his advance base, leaving it a mere shadow of its former self. This well stocked military depot is hurtling towards Croneria behind the Space Armada of Andross.”
- —Star Fox 1993; Instruction Booklet
Star Fox 2
In a near-final version of the unreleased Star Fox 2, Meteor was set to be one of the possible planetary stages in the game where the Arwing's walker mode can be used.
|We need your help, users! This article/section is a stub, meaning there is little information to fill its contents and needs more information to expand it upon. If you know any information taken from gameplay or strategy guides, you can help Arwingpedia's article by expanding it. Referenced sources are appreciated. Hurry users!|
- For players more familiar with Star Fox 64, the Meteor may lend some confusion. The Meteor in the first game is not the same as Meteo, which is analogous to a separate stage known as the Asteroid Belt. The Meteor makes no known appearance in Star Fox 64 or subsequent games.
Names in Other Languages
Battle Base Meteor (メテオ・ベース, Meteor Base)
Meteor Land (『メテオランド』)
- Star Fox 1993; Instruction Booklet
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|