Whether or not Venom is inhabitable and inhabited by monkeys, they seem to be an important race living on the planet. In Star Fox 64 (Lylat Wars), most pilots behind the boss of each level, when it's not a special or biological weapon, is a monkey. Andross himself is an ape. Therefore they seem to be present on Corneria too, as he was born on the planet and used to be a top scientist.
It may have been that the monkeys were coworkers and/or disciples of Andross who were banished with him for cooporating in his dangerous experiments, and from there joined forces with the reptiles of Venom to form Andross's army.
- Andross, former scientist in the Corneria Defense Force, exiled on Venom where he rose an army seeking for revenge.
- Andrew Oikonny, nephew of Andross, member of Star Wolf during the Lylat Wars. He takes over the rest of Andross's army right before the Aparoid Invasion. He also works for the Anglars during their short "reign" in Star Fox Command.
- Dash Bowman, grandson of Andross. He is part of the Cornerian Army during the Anglar Blitz. In ending 6 of Star Fox Command, he is fated to become the new heir of Andross's legacy.
- Various Criminals, several as Oikonny's followers, during Oikonny's rebellion and more apes were under orders of Star Wolf, were guarding the Sargasso Space Zone during the raid of the Star Fox team.
- Granga, the monkey running the huge mech over Corneria during the Lylat Wars.
- Meteo Crusher's Pilot, the boss of Meteo in Lylat Wars.
- Mechbeth's Pilot, the Forever Train Engineer of Macbeth in the Lylat Wars.
- Shogun's Pilot, the boss of Sector Y in the Lylat Wars.
- Sarumarine's Pilot, the boss of Zoness in the Lylat Wars.
- The reason why the Venomians were generally depicted as monkeys while the Cornerians were primarily depicted as dogs is due to cultural elements in Japan, the country the Star Fox series originated in: In Japan, Monkeys and Dogs were considered to be mortal enemies. This was made more explicit in Star Fox Zero, where Andross made various racist slurs against the Cornerians and General Pepper specifically due to the latter being composed of dogs (with the racist slurs being even more explicit in the Japanese version).