A Pilot is normally an aircraft pilot or aviator, which is a person who actively and directly operates the directional flight controls of an aircraft while it is in flight. In the Star Fox series, pilots can be controlled outside of their vehicles depending on the game, but can only be played as within an All-Range Mode area that has ground.
In the games
- No character in Assault's Versus Mode has a below 3 star Jump or Pilot skill, or below 2 star Arwing skill.
- The Super Smash Bros. series uses its playable characters in an identical manner to pilots, in that they are characters fighting outside of vehicles, although it is 2-D side-scrolling rather than third-person gameplay.
- Star Fox 64 3D does not include the option to play as pilots in its Versus Mode making the pilot mode the only manner of playability not to return.
- The Nintendo Power Star Fox 64 guide implies that the characters are holograms of themselves.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Star Fox: Assault; Instruction Booklet
|Star Fox: Assault|
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Falco Lombardi • Slippy Toad • Krystal • Peppy Hare • ROB 64 • General Pepper • Andrew Oikonny • Pigma Dengar • Wolf O'Donnell • Leon Powalski • Panther Caroso • Tricky|
|Bosses||Oikonny's flagship • Winged Aparoid • Aparoid Ship • Star Wolf (Wolf, Leon and Panther) • Cylindrical Aparoid • Aparoid Pigma • Aparoid Missile • Aparoid Queen|
|Enemies||Aparoid Crawler • Aparoid Minitank •|
|Locations||Fortuna • Katina • Sargasso Space Zone • Fichina • Asteroid Belt • Sauria • Corneria • Orbital Gate • Aparoid Homeworld|
|Navigation||Plot • Missions • Gallery • Videos • Script|