- "Your Staff will be useless, against the RedEye."
- —EarthWalker Soldier
RedEye is the name of a Saurian tribe that appears in Star Fox Adventures. The RedEye tribe are a group of carnivorous dinosaurs that exactly match the Tyrannosaurus Rex in terms of appearance. They are the main enemies within the Walled City, and were once imprisoned and guarded by soldiers of the EarthWalker tribe. Their leader is the ferocious King RedEye, who holds a SpellStone atop his forehead.
Little is known about the RedEye tribe, but it was once said they had been locked away within the Walled City by the EarthWalker tribe who guarded over the fortress, making sure none would escape. Unlike the other tribes of Dinosaur Planet, the RedEye are the most unsophisticated, which may be the reason for them being locked away by the EarthWalkers. They are the second largest of the dinosaur tribes, next to the HighTops. During General Scales' invasion, the RedEye were released from their prison to roam free within the Walled City. Ironically, the King EarthWalker was then imprisoned and his soldiers fled, keeping a safe distance from the large brutes.
The King was surrounded by RedEyes, having no chance of escaping. Fox McCloud and Prince Tricky arrived in good time to save the King EarthWalker and dispose of the free-roaming RedEyes. Only the largest and most cunning RedEye was left, the King RedEye. He awaited deep inside the basement of the large temple at the center of the Walled City for his next victim.
As Fox journeyed deep into the temple, he came upon the monstrous King RedEye. Whilst ordinary RedEye were about the same size as an ordinary Tyrannosaurus, the King was many times that size. This massive creature tried to crush Fox with his feet, but his main weakness was electricity. The EarthWalkers left magical switches that would trigger the electric waves and bring down the King RedEye. After falling, the beast had explosive barrels thrown in his face until he was finally defeated. Fox, lifting the SpellStone from the King RedEye's forehead, took evasive action when the creature, with his last breath, moved his gaping jaws towards the hero. Fox jumped atop the King RedEye and stabbed him in his forehead with Krystal's Staff, finally killing him.
- The Battle theme of the RedEyes is not unique; it is shared with another Enemy, the FireCrawler.
- The RedEye tribe is the only named major tribe that doesn't speak Saurian, instead speaking with primal growls, snarls, and roars, thus further evidencing the unsophisticatedness of the RedEye tribe compared to other tribes it's similiar to the Sharpteeth of The Land Before Time series.
- The only form of garments the RedEyes wear are knee bracelets, plus elbow rings for their king.
- Fox must defeat the RedEye tribe by performing the Super Ground Quake and either using the same Staff attack again or throwing a Fuel Barrel to vanquish the beasts. If he does not perform the second blow fast enough, the toppled dinosaurs will get back up.
- The RedEyes will attack Fox on sight, even if he is wearing his SharpClaw Disguise, thus indicates their savage nature and lack of intelligence, as if they simply see other tribes as prey.
- A video on YouTube, "Rare & Unusual Nintendo Games 3: Dinosaur Planet", uploaded by "supermariyo64" has shown some early concept art of the RedEye tribe, and has also revealed that in the original Dinosaur Planet game for the Nintendo 64, the RedEye were enemies that appeared, surprisingly, at what looked to be the Ocean Force Point Temple, which replaced Dinosaur Planet's Desert Force Point Temple. In Star Fox Adventures, however, the RedEye invaded the Walled City.