- "Don't you idiots know?! This is part of Lord O'Donnell's territory!
The Sargasso Hideout is an illegal space colony within the rocky Sargasso Region located somewhere in the Meteo Asteroid Belt and is home to a gang of thugs and criminals under the authority of Wolf O'Donnell. The Hideout is one large space station, protected by ForceFields, with on board spacecraft, equipment and technology resembling those of Venomian designs.
During the Aparoid Invasion the Star Fox Team came here in search of Pigma Dengar who had stolen an Aparoid core memory containing vital information about the species and their homeworld. When the criminal ruffians inside the colony denied any knowledge of Pigma and took a hostile stance against Star Fox, the team decided to take action. Fox and Slippy were sent inside the base to search for Pigma and stamp out any resistance they encountered as they destroyed all Transfer Devices on sight to cut off reinforcements, while Falco and Krystal took care of the fleet outside.
Later, the Star Wolf Team arrived after receiving a distress call from their troops. Furious over the intrusion into their territory, Wolf, Leon and the team's newest member Panther engaged Star Fox in their Wolfens, but were defeated. After some talk, Wolf admitted that Pigma had been kicked out of Star Wolf as well as ordering his ruffian henchmen to shoot Pigma on sight if he ever dared to enter the Region. Panther, in favour of flirting with Krystal, citing the communications log, helped in tracking Pigma by pointing the team to Fichina.
After the war, with the casualties suffered by the criminal gang, the threat posed by them to the Cornerian Army was no longer deemed realistic. The base was presumably placed under close supervision, but the dense surrounding asteroid field would make tracking difficult.
- The Sargasso Region is likely named after the Sargasso Sea, a region in the middle of the North Atlantic Ocean.
- While inside the Sargasso base, enter the door on the highest floor of the stage. While the door is closed, take a Sniper Rifle and aim at the center of the door. The Sniper's targeting scope should appear red colored, as if the door were an enemy. Shooting the door accomplishes nothing.
- Given the fact that some of the equipment of the Ruffians have Andross's logo on them, it can be assumed that at least some of the ruffians in the Sargasso Space Zone were former members of the Venomian Army.
- The Sector Y and Solar theme from Star Fox 64 is remixed in orchestra for this level, also Solar is very close to the Sargasso Space Hideout.
|Celestial bodies in Star Fox series|
|Aparoid Homeworld | Aquas | Cerinia | Corneria | Eladard | Fichina | Fortuna | Katina | Kew | Macbeth | Papetoon | Sauria/Dinosaur Planet | Titania | Venom | Zoness|
|Lylat | Solar|
|Sector X | Sector Y | Sector Z|
|Astropolis | Area 6 | Beltino Orbital Gate | Bolse | Sargasso Hideout|
|Meteo | Out of this Dimension!/Warp Zone|