This article is about the planet which the events of Star Fox Adventures takes place. For more information about the original game of the same name, see Dinosaur Planet (game).
- “General Pepper here. I have a new mission for you, Fox. You are approaching Dinosaur Planet, an ancient world on the edge of the Lylat system. As you will see, chunks of the planet have been torn from its surface. It's your job to get them back! If Dinosaur Planet explodes, it could affect the entire Lylat system. The only lead we have is that you must locate the Queen of the the EarthWalker dinosaur tribe. Maybe she can help you further. By the way, your fee has been approved. If you are successful, then the money will be forwarded to you immediately. Pepper out.”
- —General Pepper
Sauria, formerly known as Dinosaur Planet, is a large Earth-like planet inhabited by multiple tribes of many dinosaurs. The climate is as varied as that of Corneria and Earth, with lush green forests, traversable volcanoes, snowy mountains, and purple dusted mountains. The native language of this planet is known as Dino, but those that are gifted in telepathy or possess translator devices will understand the language with ease.
Such places include Ice Mountain, Cape Claw, ThornTail Hollow, and CloudRunner Fortress. The ruling tribes are the EarthWalkers and the CloudRunners. The CloudRunners and EarthWalkers "do not see eye to eye", as stated by the CloudRunner Queen.
The beings referred to as “Krazoa Spirits” created four SpellStones, full of dark matter that absorb the energy of the planet and hold it together, as it is not capable of holding together on its own like most planets, suggesting that the planet itself might be artificially created or that it went through a catastrophe in its past. Two force point temples, Ocean and Volcano, were built to keep the SpellStones. The infamous General Scales of the SharpClaw Tribe took the SpellStones, and hid them within the places where the Krazoa first created them. The planet was torn apart by this, but luckily, Fox McCloud saved the world by returning the SpellStones to their temples. However, while the planet did stop cracking apart as a result of the SpellStones being placed within the temples, it did not cause the pieces of the planet to return to the main body, due to the need of the Krazoa spirits to fix the planet. The crisis was completely averted and the planet completely restored after Fox managed to restore the Krazoa Spirits to the temple, as well as defeating Andross, the true cause of Sauria's catastrophe. Dinosaur Planet is the only planet whose denizens speak a language different than the rest of the Lylat System, yet some tribes of savage nature have not as of yet adapted to.
In Star Fox: Assault, Dinosaur Planet (now renamed Sauria) was attacked by the Aparoids. Some of its inhabitants tried to fight back, with a number of them paying the ultimate price for their efforts. Luckily, Star Fox managed to destroy the Aparoid Hatcheries and repel the Aparoid invasion of the planet. However, the victory was short-lived as it was later revealed the Aparoids had used their attack on Sauria as a distraction in order to send an invasion to Corneria. Most of the native population had escaped into the forests to avoid harm, but the local resistance forces suffered terrible casualties. In addition, there were immeasurable amounts of lost history due to many of the ruins across the planet being destroyed during the battles. The Destruction level was an A and the Aparoids were expunged. With the Aparoid Queen destroyed, Sauria's inhabitants survived Aparoid invasion.
Official Site data
A peaceful planet of dinosaurs, Sauria is a valuable ally of Corneria and resisted invasion by General Scales and his Sharpclaw minions one year ago.
Sauria is under Aparoid attack. The inhabitants are fighting back but reports indicate they are losing the battle. Team Star Fox has been directed to assist the indigenous inhabitants.
The weapon can be equally dangerous to Fox if fired at a short range so make sure you are a safe distance from the target before firing.
Team Star Fox: Telepath
Skills: Extrasensory perception The newest member of Team Star Fox, Krystal's unique skills may turn the tide of battle against the Aparoids.
List of Saurian Locations
- ThornTail Hollow - ThornTail Hollow is home to the ThornTail tribe, the Warp Stone, and refuge to the Queen EarthWalker. It is a valley with steep sides, surrounded by thick evergreen trees, and a river sweeps through it. The ThornTail Store is also located here, where a sly, legless dinosaur known as the ShopKeeper will sell Fox items for Scarabs, the official currency of Sauria.
- Cape Claw - This tropical cape is home to a HighTop and refuge to the Queen CloudRunner. It is also the entrance to the Ocean Force Point Temple. This slice of paradise has lovely sandy beaches, many leafy palm trees, and beautiful water falls. Here Fox can search for bars of gold to give to the forgetful Hightop, return a SpellStone, upgrade his staff, get a "cheat token", and rescue the Queen CloudRunner.
- LightFoot Village - This mist-shrouded marsh is home to the mysterious LightFoot tribe. A great wall surrounded by a forest hides the village from plain sight, as well as the Krazoa shrine that lies within. Here, Fox competes against MuscleFoot in the Test of Strength, saves LightFoot babies, and passes a Tracking Test.
- CloudRunner Fortress - A great palace broken off from the main planet, and home to some of the CloudRunner Tribe. It is turquoise, surrounded by cliffs, and in ruins from attacks by General Scales. He entered here to steal the riches hidden in the CloudRunner treasure room. It is also the location of the second SpellStone. Here Fox rescues the Queen CloudRunner and her children, escapes from a prison, retrieves a SpellStone, and goes on a treasure hunt for power crystals.
- SnowHorn Wastes and Ice Mountain - The SnowHorn tribe call this beautiful tundra home. Ice Mountain is a steep glacial place, where Fox first meets Prince Tricky. He also rescues Garunda Te, the GateKeeper of DarkIce Mines, helps an albino mammoth find his treasure, and finds a Krazoa Spirit.
- DarkIce Mines - Here the SharpClaw have enslaved the SnowHorns. Here, Fox saves Belinda Te (the daughter of Garunda Te), retrieves a SpellStone, and frees the enslaved SnowHorns. This is also the battle ground for the monster Galdon.
- Moon Mountain Pass - This is a strange and ghostly valley that formed when Sauria's second moon crashed into the surface, bringing alien life and the SharpClaw to Dinosaur Planet. It is the location of the Volcano Force Point Temple, a staff Upgrade, a Krazoa Shrine, and the discovery of Krystal and the Krazoa Spirits. It is filled with blue, porous rock, large pinkish plants, and plantlike creatures. Visited twice.
- Volcano Force Point Temple - Filled with the burning ashes of the great ruins. Here, Fox places the two SpellStones of Fire. It is home to a staff upgrade, and lots and lots of fire. It is surrounded by lava, red crystals, and flaming bat-like creatures. Visited twice.
- Ocean Force Point Temple - Filled with the water of the great ruins. Here, Fox places the two SpellStones of Water. It is home to lots and lots of water. It is surrounded by water, red crystals, and PopTop creatures. Visited twice.
- Dragon Rock - This is the location of the final SpellStone, the Drakor, and one of Scales's Bases. It is a mutated land of mahogany and crimson, filled with strange creatures. The CloudRunner who assisted Krystal is trapped here along with an EarthWalker and HighTop. It is basically a round shaped area.
- Walled City - Home to most of the EarthWalker tribe, it is surrounded by steep cliffs, shimmers with a sparkling river, and is the temporary territory of the fearsome RedEye. Here, there are towering pyramids, temples to the sun and the moon, the Great King of The EarthWalkers, a Krazoa Shrine, a staff upgrade, a King RedEye boss fight, and the third SpellStone. It is here that Fox leaves Tricky at the end of the game. The city was a very dangerous place when the RedEye dominated it. It is a square round area. It is the only area orbiting Sauria visited twice. Presumably, the Walled City was the area on Sauria that Star Fox confronted the Aparoids, due to the ruins largely matching those of the Walled City and Tricky being encountered there after the mission.
- Krazoa Palace - Home to the Krazoa, the base of the reconstructed Andross, and home of two Krazoa shrines.
- SharpClaw Galleon - Ship of General Scales. The first place the player visits and the location of the Gold Key, which is used in Krazoa Palace. This living ship carries the very essence of the SharpClaw tribe.
- Sauria, along with Corneria and Fortuna, are the only three Earth-like planets in the Lylat System, however planets such as Macbeth and Fichina have been made habitable by certain life forms, while Zoness was once an exotic paradise that made popular Cornerian vacations before the toxic pollution from Andross's Empire. Both Aquas and Titania were once inhabited by advanced tribes before they became extinct from natural disasters, and scientists from the Cornerian University believe that even Venom was once inhabited by the legendary lost space tribe of Cornerus.
- The planet Fortuna also shares the similar alternate name The Dinosaur Planet, but is not to be confused with Sauria.
- In the animated short Star Fox Zero: The Battle Begins, Slippy mentions coming back from a ten day flight from "Sauria". While this name likely referes to this planet, it would contradict the name of Sauria not being established until Star Fox: Assault when Sauria is the "true name" after saving the Dinosaur Planet. Slippy also mentions eating nothing but canned food, considering the PukPuk Eggs and Dumbledang Pods which Fox and Krystal use to regain health. This also contradicts the team needing to be informed of the planet's existence in Adventures and Fox knowing nothing about the planet or its inhabitants, but regarding Zero's design it can be attributed to the change in continuity or developer.
- Following the Good-bye Fox ending of Star Fox Command, ROB manages to locate Krystal's position on Sauria, allowing Fox to ship out to meet with her and retire from the Star Fox team's business for good. The flight path the Great Fox takes to reach Sauria on the traditional Lylat Map is set in the direction of Corneria, the Meteo asteroid belt and Sector Y.
- Star Fox Adventures
- Star Fox Adventures (Instruction Booklet)
- Star Fox: Assault
- Star Fox: Assault (Instruction Booklet)
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|
|Lands of Sauria|
|ThornTail Hollow | SnowHorn Wastes | Cape Claw | Moon Mountain Pass | LightFoot Village|
|Krazoa Palace | Ice Mountain|
|Force Point Temples|
|Volcano Force Point Temple | Ocean Force Point Temple|
|DarkIce Mines | CloudRunner Fortress | Walled City | Dragon Rock|
|Staff Cavern | Gas Trap | Game Well Maze | Flying Galleon | ThornTail Store | Ancient Well | Krazoa Shrine|
|Star Fox: Assault|
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Falco Lombardi • Slippy Toad • Krystal • Peppy Hare • ROB 64 • General Pepper • Andrew Oikonny • Pigma Dengar • Wolf O'Donnell • Leon Powalski • Panther Caroso • Tricky|
|Bosses||Oikonny's flagship • Winged Aparoid • Aparoid Ship • Star Wolf (Wolf, Leon and Panther) • Cylindrical Aparoid • Aparoid Pigma • Aparoid Missile • Aparoid Queen|
|Enemies||Aparoid Crawler • Aparoid Minitank •|
|Locations||Fortuna • Katina • Sargasso Space Zone • Fichina • Asteroid Belt • Sauria • Corneria • Orbital Gate • Aparoid Homeworld|
|Navigation||Plot • Missions • Gallery • Videos • Script|