Sector Y's role in the games.
Star FoxIn Star Fox, Sector Y is the last stage in the Level 2 path, and can be accessed by either completing Titania, or by going through the first warp in the Black Hole. It is full of ocean creatures despite being in space. If Fox completes certain conditions, a blue whale will appear and will give him power ups right before the boss.
- Sector Y has perhaps the biggest changes from the original Star Fox to subsequent games - in it, marine wildlife has somehow adapted to space. Andross took advantage of the phenomenon, mind-controlling the alien species. Fox must carefully aim one shot at the innocent creatures to free them, or they will attack in confusion. These strange animals have not appeared in another Star Fox game. It could be that they were replaced with actual underwater segments in Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Command.
Star Fox 64/3D
Mission No 2. Sector Y: Combat Zone; Fierce Melee
Type: Corridor Mode / All-Range Mode
In Star Fox 64 and its 3DS rerelease, Sector Y can only be approached from Corneria after defeating the Attack Carrier. It is impossible to reach this sector without Falco being active, because he was the one to find the Attack Carrier. The objective is to try and rack up 100 hit points so that the route will travel to the Aquas Ocean, if not, the path will go to Katina
Depending on the player's actions in the level in Star Fox 64 and 3D, at certain points, Falco or Peppy will remark on Fox's progress at various points. If the player managed to shoot down few enemies by the time the player gets through the first Grazan battleship, Falco will call in and complain that Fox was supposed to shoot down most, if not all of the enemy forces. If the player shot down most if not all the enemies by that time, Peppy will call in and congratulate Fox, telling him to keep up the good work. Likewise, nearing the end of the level (specifically, right after Fox declares "We're gonna break through that fleet") if the player has less than 90 points, Falco will ask dejectedly if that was the best Fox could muster, while if the player has more than 90 points, Peppy will declare that Fox had become a better pilot.
- Slippy will be tailed just after passing the ruined Cornerian Battleship on the upper route
Boss: Shogun Warriors & Shogun Warlord
Official Site Data
- “Corneria's main battle fleet has suffered severe losses in Sector Y! A huge space battle has left our flagship crippled-- or perhaps worse. Debriefed survivors have told tales of a new attack squadron of gigantic, humanoid battle suits in the area. Although it may be too late to rescue the Cornerian fleet from disaster, the Star Fox Team must storm the area and knock out these new iron soldiers of Andross! Their shields will deflect anything but a direct laser hit, so aim carefully! These giant robots are, of course, accompanied by the usual screen of highly maneuverable starfighters.
Intelligence - Shoot down 100 enemies to continue on to Aquas.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Medal Score: 150 hits
Checkpoint Goal: 65 hits
- “The fighters in this mission will usually attack in formation. Lock on and blast them. There are two places where the course forks. In both cases, take the upper path since you can get a few extra enemies that way. Defeat the final lieutenants as quickly as possible for more bonus hits. It's easy to keep up with them by using the high energy turn (down on the Control Stick plus Down C).”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Star Fox 64 3D site
- To get to Katina, play through the level normally.
- To get to Aquas, score at least 100 hits.
- Score needed for medal
Star Fox: Assault
Mission No 5. Asteroid Belt; The Aparoid Menace
In the fifth mission in Star Fox: Assault's story mode, both the Meteo Asteroid Belt and Sector Y are the last hiding place of Pigma. The objective is to steer clear of the obstacles and destroy the Aparoids in the area. After flying through the asteroids, the Aparoid-Infected abandoned space station is the hiding place of Pigma, where the boss battle takes place on the other side.
Star Fox Command
The Curse of Pigma
Fox and Falco follow Wolf to Sector Y, only to find that he has already left. However, waiting for them is Pigma, who now resembled a box due to his encounter with the Aparoids, and had apparently struck a deal with Wolf to stop him while he and the rest of Star Wolf attacked the Anglars. Fox and Falco have no choice but to fight their way through.
Though the Anglar forces are gone, Pigma remains and proceeds to attack Star Fox. But his weakness is soon discovered, and Pigma is destroyed once more. However, after Pigma's defeat, Fox receives a broadcast from Star Wolf that not only tells of their victory over the Anglars, but also introduces Krystal as their newest member. Somewhat overcome by Star Wolf's acts, Fox decides he needs to go far away, so he and Falco head of to the distant Papetoon to try and forget...
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|