Lylat Cruise taunts
- Corneria: Despite Leon calling it a "blue planet", Peppy refers to it as Corneria.
- Starry space: Just a plain starry field.
- Skirmish: You see space fleets firing at each other.
- Asteroid field: Asteroids at the background appear while an Arwing appear to shoot it. It's possible that there are Wolfens here as well, but they are not seen.
- Dogfight: Star Wolf vs. Star Fox, with Great Fox flying in the background.
- Peppy: Look, we're passing Corneria. Protecting this planet sure has been a lot of work.
- Falco: Yeah, it's kept things from getting too boring around here.
- Wolf: Don't think you can take a breather just yet, Team Star Fox!
- Peppy: Ahhh! Star Wolf!
- Wolf: You know you are all like us. Our fates are intertwined. We are destined to meet in battle. After all, what fun is there to be had in peace and quiet? A real warrior can only live in the battlefield!
- Falco: Then why don't you show me what a real warrior's like, fuzzball! I'm ready if you are!
- Slippy: Boy those guys are always itching to fight, huh!
- Peppy: We've hit an asteroid field! Protect the main ship at all costs!
- Falco: Take it easy, Peppy. We just need to blow up some of these asteroids, right?
- Slippy: Don't worry about us, Fox! We've got things covered here. You just focus on the battle!
- Krystal: Don't let us down, Fox!
- Slippy: Blast 'em once for me, buddy!
- Peppy: We're in the middle of an interplanetary skirmish. Stay sharp and keep an eye on your six!
- Slippy: Eeep! This place is a war zone!
- Falco: Heh, what are you worried about? These guys are weaker than overcooked noodles!
- Peppy: Mmm? Overcooked noodles? What's that supposed to mean?
- Krystal: That's not a terribly good comparison, is it?
- Falco: - -
(Actually, this makes sense in the Japanese dialog. "Somen" is a type of noodle, but it also means "injury". Peppy mistakes "somen" as a noodle instead of the latter.)
- Falco: Pff! We meet again, Star Wolf!
- Krystal: Uugh! These guys are no joke!
- Leon: Heh, I'll make sure to work you over real good before I turn you into scrap metal.
- Panther: Do you see my red rose? It marks your imminent death!
- Wolf: Listen close: I won't let a single one of you leave here alive! And Fox, remember this! I'm the one who's going to take you down!
- Falco: Fox looks like he's got his hands full.
- Krystal: Yes, he's putting up quite a fight, though.
- Peppy: You know, he reminds me of his father every day.
- Slippy: Hey, this is no time for chitchat guys! Shouldn't we be worried about Fox? He's out there with no air! How's he supposed to breathe?!
- Peppy: Bah! Way to go, Slippy. No one would've even noticed if you hadn't opened up your big yap!
- Fox: Looks like we made it to Corneria. Falco sure is a sticking it to 'em out there.
- Krystal: Yes, but don't you find it... odd? I've never even seen some of his opponents before.
- Fox: Well it is a brawl, after all. Everyone's in on the fight!
- Peppy: That gives me itching for some action. I want in!
- Slippy: No way! Old-timers like you ride the bench. This fight's mine!
- Krystal: What are you two thinking? I'm the only one who can come through in a fight like this!
- Fox: It's an asteroid belt. We've got to clear a path!
- Slippy: EEEP! OH, THIS IS BAAAD!
- Peppy: Get ahold of yourself, Slippy! Falco's counting on us.
- Krystal: If we let a fragment fly off toward the ship, it could cause serious damage!
- Slippy: I wouldn't worry too much. Falco's a tough old bird. He can take care of himself.
- Peppy: Well... yeah, I guess you've got a point there.
- Slippy: Wow! We're in the middle of a full-scale skirmish!
- Fox: Keep your hat on, Slippy!
- Peppy: Yeah, look at Falco. He's not letting the skirmish slow him up one bit.
- Krystal: Yes, he's the fighter, all right. Who else would have the guts to open a communication channel during a fistfight?
- Peppy: Just the same, watch yourself, Falco. Don't go getting yourself toasted by a stray laser!
- Slippy: Good luck, Falco!
- Wolf: Playtime ends here, Star Fox!
- Fox: Star Wolf!
- Leon: Hey there, boy, how do you like my new ship? Want to see what it can do?
- Panther: I am known as Panther Caroso. I salute you, my enemy.
- Krystal: Hmph, it looks like the gang's all here.
- Peppy: Good enough! Come on, Fox, let's get 'em!
- Slippy: Hey, don't forget about me!
- Fox: Ah, finally a day free of space combat.
- Krystal: That may be so, but it's looking like a regular war zone on top of the ship.
- Peppy: Falco! If you lose this one, I'm never going to let you live it down! Go, Falco! Never give up! Trust your instincts!
- Slippy: Ha! I think I've heard that line before!
- Peppy: Erm, sorry, Fox. I kind of channeled your dad there.
- Fox: Yeah, I noticed, Peppy.
- Leon: A blue planet... It's actually quite breathtaking, isn't it?
- Slippy: Boy, I'll say! Look at all that water! It's a paradise for guys like you and me, huh? Without a quick dip in the water now and then, we get all dried out!
- Leon: Listen, I'm no frog. Don't try to stick us in the same group!
- Slippy: But, you've got a long stretchy tongue just like me, right?
- Leon: Didn't I just tell you to drop the subject?
- Leon: Star Wolf is here in the asteroid field.
- Krystal: Oh my. This looks like it's going to be rather nasty.
- Panther: Worry not, my dear. Should you find yourself in harm's way, I would use the very ship I pilot to protect you.
- Krystal: Oh, I feel so much better hearing that. You're such a gentleman, Panther.
- Falco: Do me a favor and get creamed by an asteroid while you're at it! I'll sleep better at night once you do.
- Panther: Cease your jabbering, parrot!
- Falco: What did you just say?!
- Panther: A skirmish... Just the place for a bunch of space drifters like ourselves.
- Leon: Star Wolf is really giving it his all out there. I'm more than a bit envious of him. Those razor-sharp claws. Those keen fangs. He moves wildly and fights with the spirit of a warrior possessed. Any prey he sets his eye on is doomed to be shredded to pieces.
- Panther: Umm... Leon? Are you feeling all right?
- Leon: Yes, of course! Fine! Just fine. Haa ha haaaaa ha haaahaaa...
- Panther: Set me straight here Leon. Are you envious of the shred-DER or the shred-DEE?
- Panther: You're foolish to anger me, bird. You must have a death wish!
- Falco: Feh! You guys just won't learn your lesson, will you?
- Leon: Impudent fowl! You will kneel before me!
- Slippy: Ahhh! Guys, Falco's in trouble!
- Falco: Can it, Slippy! The tougher the scrape, the brighter I shine! Keep back! I'll be the one to bag this cat!
- Krystal: My, the stars out here are so beautiful.
- Panther: Oh, but not as beautiful as your radiant self, my dear Krystal.
- Krystal: Oh Panther, you always were quite the flatterer.
- Panther: Amazing, isn't it? To think that the two of us were fated to cross paths in such a sparkling, endless galaxy. Even if we were on opposite sides of space, I would speed to your side, faster than a shooting star. Krystal, know that my beating heart burns red hot for you, as red as the rose I hold.
- Falco: Good grief! Where do you come up with this stuff?! Enough already!
Star Fox game connections:
- Several quotes from the main Star Fox games are alluded to within the character talk.
- Panther's quote about his red rose signalling his opponent's death mirrors his first quote from his debut game, Star Fox: Assault.
- Wolf's quote about "Playtime" being over references his triggered appearance quote on Bolse in Star Fox 64. Wolf's threat about promising to be the only one to take Fox down one day mirrors his final quote from Mission 3 in Assault.
- Panther and Falco's hostile chats, where Falco begins insulting to be followed by Panther ordering him to be silent, appearing in Assault are repeated in identical wording.
- Leon's obsession with tormenting his opponents before destroying them is alluded to.
- Panther's flirting with Krystal is continued from the main games.
- Peppy recites the Star Fox motto frequently used by himself and James McCloud.
- Leon reffering to Falco as an impudent fowl and ordering him to kneel down is a spin on his popular Star Fox 64 quote: "Annoying bird! I am the great Leon!".
- When Krystal talks in any Smash Taunt, she will be in the side of both the Star Fox and the Star Wolf. This is a reference to how, in certain endings in Star Fox Command she becomes a member of the Star Wolf or remains as a Star Fox member.
- When the Lylat Cruise taunts are activated in the Wii U version, the background music grinds to a slower pace during the character talk.
In Brawl, on the Shadow Moses Island stage, Snake has a secret taunt where he talks about the other fighters with his support team, consisting of Mei Ling, Otacon, and Roy Campbell. Even Slippy Toad talks with Snake on one occasion (when talking about Falco).
The taunt is performed by inputting the down taunt command in a split second. If done correctly, Snake will kneel and touch the codec receiver in his ear. The codec message will begin soon afterward if Snake is left undisturbed.
- Snake: "Colonel! That fox is fast!"
- Colonel: "You're fighting Fox, eh, Snake? His full name is Fox McCloud. He's the leader of the commando-for-hire unit Star Fox. They're mostly active in a galaxy known as the Lylat System. Fox and his comrades pilot all-terrain fighter crafts called Arwings. His skills in combat can turn the tide of any battle. ...You seem to have a thing with foxes, don't you, Snake?"
- Snake: "Don't remind me. First FOXHOUND and now this guy... I'm sick of foxes."
- Colonel: "You and foxes have a long history together. You ought to be proud."
Note: FOXHOUND was a special forces group that Snake and Colonel used to work in before it fell into the hands of Liquid Snake and became a terrorist group. Also, one of Snake's friends, Gray Fox, betrayed him. Either or both might explain Snake's disdain for foxes.
- Snake: "This is Snake..."
- Slippy: "Copy, Snake! This is Slippy!"
- Snake: "Whaa--! Who is this? What are you, some kind of frog?!"
- Slippy: "Easy there, buddy! Just thought I'd hop on the wireless and give you a holler. Don't get mad!"
- Snake: "Hacked right into my channel, huh..."
- Slippy: "But I'm not here to mess nothin' up. Don't worry."
- Snake: "..."
- Slippy: "Just so ya know, Falco uses a Blaster and Reflector that I designed, just like Fox does. But Falco will kick his Reflector and send it flyin' around. Just showin' off, if you ask me."
- Snake: "No reason a weapon can't have more than one use. In fact, I'd say its versatility shows how well you designed it."
- Slippy: "Hey, maybe so! I feel all fuzzy now! Thanks, Snake!"
- Snake: "Maybe next time we meet, you can design me a weapon...."
Note: This is the only codec that features Slippy Toad from Star Fox instead of Snake's normal contacts. The number "140.85" (Roy Campbell's codec number) appears in the Codec screen, implying that Snake intended to call Roy.
Snake's comment about the next time he and Slippy meets, Slippy will design him a weapon alludes to the fact that some of Solid Snake's technologies were developed by Otacon, and that Big Boss himself had weapons developed via various scientists either willingly or by force in Peace Walker and Metal Gear 2.