|This page is currently undergoing maintenance. Therefore, please excuse its incomplete and informal current state.|
The Script of Star Fox Command.
- Years ago, a scientist named Dr. Andross became obsessed with controlling the Lylat system. He launched wave after wave of attack fighters from the remote planet of Venom and ordered them to strike Planet Corneria--the heart of the Lylat system.
- However, four brave pilots who made up a squadron known as Star Fox finally put an end to the doctor's mad ambitions. Andross himself was defeated by the leader of Star Fox, a brilliant pilot named Fox McCloud.
- In the time that followed, Venom became known as a quarantine planet. Due to that reputation--and the frequent patrols carried out by members of the Cornerian military--it has been years since anyone set foot on the planet's surface.
- But after a period of quiet, Venom struck back with devastating attacks on the Lylat system. Any and all attempts at resistance were brushed aside, and soon all cities came under the grip of this new, terrifying enemy.
- The occupiers were known as the Anglars, and operated under the control of the Anglar Emperor. Their headquarters were located in the toxic Venom Sea, a vast ocean so inhospitable that it was believed no living thing could survive there.
- The members of Star Fox, the heroic and famous squadron that had come to Lylat's aid in her hour of need, had disbanded. Each pilot was living a new life, and it would prove a difficult task to bring the former team members back together.
- Fox McCloud, the team's leader, was wondering the galaxy with his friend ROB, a navigation robot that he inherited after his father's sassing. Fox used this time to tie up a few loose ends and also ponder the course his life had taken.
- The Cornerian military hero General Pepper fell ill, and could no longer lead as he once did. He recommended that Peppy Hare, Star Fox team member and father figure to Fox, be promoted and given command of all Cornerian forces.
- Brash pilot Falco Lombardi lived as a loner. He drifted from job to job, searching for the same thrill he felt as a member of Star Fox. But his existence was mostly an empty one...something that annoyed him more than he would admit.
- The technical brains behind the team, and Fox's closest friend, was the good-natured Slippy Toad. Slippy met and fell in love with a girl named Amanda, and decided to leave the world of flying and start a new life with his beloved fiancee.
- Star Wolf, the true rivals of Star Fox, continued to be involved in dirty dealings. Their work soon caught the attention of the Cornerian military, who put a massive bounty on their heads...
- And finally, Krystal. The lone female of the group, she had fought beside Fox and fell in love with him--much against her better judgment and professional concern. Her love was returned, however, and the two promised to remain together always.
- But Fox was quite wary of the danger that haunted pilots in the elite Star Fox squadron, and he eventually forced Krystal to leave the team. Heartbroken and ashamed, she fled from Fox and vanished soon after. No one knows what became of her...
- Now, the past has come to haunt them all. Unwilling or unable to face his former team, Fox has chosen to take on the entire Anglar armada by himself. Can he do it? Will the team put aside their differences and reunite? All Lylat waits for the answers...
Right after the Prologue, this sequence introduces you to the situation and gives you a chance to do some training.
Previous= « Prologue
- ROB: The cities of Corneria are coming under attack. The Anglar forces are responsible.
- FOX: Those guys don't know when to give up! ROB, set a course for Corneria!
- ROB: Understood.
- FOX: How long will it take to reach our destination?
- ROB: I am still processing that information. But it will be some time. I will now instruct you on engaging the Anglar forces in combat. The Anglar forces use a hive mind. One unit with a core controls many ships. If you can find and disable cores, other ships in the unit will be neutralized. Destroy enemies to find their cores, then fly over them to collect them. Doing so will increase your combat superiority over the enemy.
- FOX: So let me see if I've got this straight. I pick out a target... then I destroy it and collect a core if it has one. And if I do all that, good thing happen! Do I have the gist of it?
- ROB: Yes. Also, let me tell you about your Arwing's rolling ability. When you roll, you create a localized magnetic field. This field can be used to attract cores and other vital pickups.
- FOX: That's great, ROB! Rolling helps me avoid enemy fire AND lets me grab stuff! Now you're talkin' my language!
- ROB: Yes. Rolling is a very important skill. You will use it many times during combat.
- FOX: Gotcha.
- ROB: This is your first taste of combat in quite a while. May I set up some training? I await your decision.
Choice= (Do some training.) » (Dive in!) »
If you choose to do some training.
Previous= « (Pre-Mission)
- FOX: There are no second chances on the battlefield, ROB! So give me everything you've got!
- ROB: Affirmative. There are multiple training programs available. First, we will cover how to control your ship in a combat situation. There you will learn the basics of dogfighting and general airborne warfare.
- FOX: Sounds like fun!
(Do zero or more training missions.)
- ROB: You did well. You have not lost a step.
- FOX: Whew! That was quite the workout.
- ROB: This is the end of the training program. You have nothing further to learn.
- FOX: Will we be arriving at Corneria soon?
- ROB: Yes. We should enter the combat zone within the hour.
- FOX: Looks like we're going to be busy!
Next=(Corneria: The Adventure Begins!) »
If you skip training, you get right to the story.
Previous= « (Pre-Mission)
- ROB: As you wish.
- FOX: We've reached Corneria already!
- ROB: Affirmative. We will be entering the combat zone shortly.
- FOX: Looks like we're going to be busy.
Next= (Corneria: The Adventure Begins!) »
Some quotes are not unique and are repeated in some missions, such as pleas for aid, or reused dialouge from certain characters.
|Star Fox Command|
|Main Characters||Fox McCloud • Falco Lombardi • Slippy Toad • Krystal • ROB 64 • Peppy Hare • Katt Monroe • Bill Grey • Lucy Hare • Amanda • Dash Bowman • Pigma Dengar • Andrew Oikonny • Wolf O'Donnell • Leon Powalski • Panther Caroso • Zako • Octoman • Anglar Emperor|
|Bosses||ZaZanga 9 • Splitter • Devil Shark • Octopod • Biobrain • Star Wolf (Wolf, Panther and Leon) • Death Crab • Pigma Dengar • Solar Satellite • Killer Bee • Dune Worm • Monarch Dodora • Grunner • Arrow Head • Anglar Emperor|
|Enemies||Anglar Starfish • Elite Fighter •|
|Locations||Corneria • Aquas • Asteroid Belt • Fichina • Katina • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Solar • Titania • Venom|
|Navigation||Plot • Missions • Gallery • Videos • Script|