- "Last night I dreamt I was being chased by a RedEye! Hoohoo!"
The ThornTail tribe appear to be based off a group of armor-plated dinosaurs known as Nodosaurs, including perhaps Polacanthus.The Thorntails have thick, brownish golden skin, spiked armor, and large beaks. They are herbivores and graze on the weeds and grass below. Their hind legs are larger than their front legs, rendering them slightly clumsy.
Society and CultureEdit
The ThornTails are afraid of the dark, requiring lit beacons to feel safe at night. Their tribe is very peaceful, as they do not get involved with the war against the SharpClaw. Although they do wonder from time to time how General Scales became so advanced and where he found such weapons. The ThornTails do care about the wellfare of other tribes, thinking of the imprisoned SnowHorn on DarkIce Mines.
The ThornTails seem to have a close relationship with the EarthWalkers, calling Queen EarthWalker their queen as well. Prince Tricky also comforted the sad ThornTail who pleaded for their beacons to be rekindled. An EarthWalker was also comrades with the silent ThornTail, whom he pleaded for his rescue in exchange for the opening of his ForceField.
The ThornTails were the first tribe that Fox came into contact with on his expedition to restore the shattered planet of Sauria. The tribe generally kept away from the events of the Saurian Crisis but were not entirely oblivious to the circumstances of other tribes. They were pestered by the SharpClaw tribe and flying pests from time to time, but always expressing gratitude to Fox with item rewards.
One lonely ThornTail eventually attempted to take united action against General Scales, but plans were thwarted, resulting in his unit taken prisoners upon Dragon Rock. In exchange for their freedom, the ThornTail opened his gateway to Fox.
In Star Fox: Assault, the bodies of ThornTails infected by the Aparoids littered the ground of Sauria during the Aparoid Invasion. It appears that the ThornTails were incapable of defending themselves against the invading forces, but the ultimate fate of the tribe is not known.
THORNTAIL - Friendly, grass eating dinosaurs
- Crazy ThornTail - This ThornTail has lived alone at the bottom of the Ancient Well for fifty years, guarding the dark caves below. He refuses to let Fox enter unless he has purchased the FireFly Lantern from the ThornTail Store. He sleeps most of the time and his way of speaking is strange, to say the least.
- Mother ThornTail - A mother ThornTail who is very concerned about the safety of her unhatched young. She has good reason to act so; as the EggSnatchers attempt to feast on the eggs before Fox deters them. She dwells near the Warp Stone in a small cave. She claims to be the mother of the quiet ThornTail, distressed by the fact he would not speak of his troubles, even to her. She also tells Fox, although she finds it strange, she sometimes hears a girls cries coming from the Warp Stone.
- Quiet ThornTail - A ThornTail who mumbles and grumbles to himself. "I haven't spoken since something terrible happened." he remarks. This brave dinosaur led a small revolt group against General Scales and his army. A terrible result occurs; his three closest friends were captured and imprisoned on Dragon Rock. He is also the SpellStone GateKeeper of Dragon Rock, which he manages to keep secret from Fox, even though he is among the game's first dinosaurs Fox is able to speak with.
- Angry ThornTail - Guards treasures and will chase you away if you try to take it.