- “Go get it!”
- —Fox McCloud
Tricky's Ball is an optional item available in Star Fox Adventures.
Tricky's Ball is red, covered in yellow stars. When the ball lands, it makes a soft squeak, like a squeaky dog's toy.
TRICKY'S BALL - Use to change Tricky's style
Tricky's Ball (ThornTail Store)
- “While it's not necessary to complete the game, Tricky's ball can be a fun diversion as you play. Buy it at ThornTail Store and it will appear in the Tricky part of the [C] menus. When the little dino asks you to play, select the ball and press [A] to throw it and pick it up. A rousing game of catch can help you relax.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 11
It can be bought in ThornTail Store for the default price of 15 Scarabs. The bargain price is 11 Scarabs. If used, Fox throws the ball for Tricky to fetch it. Playing with him for long enough will cause a change in Tricky's coloration. The color changes in a cycle, from purple and yellow to pink and purple, and then to aqua-blue and lemon-green. Apparently, each different color change decreases the amount of a Grub Tub Tricky uses for each Tricky action. Collecting the Ball is the only way to gain the Fetch Sidekick Command and for the detailed documentation on General Pepper's report.
- “At your discretion you can buy Tricky's ball at the ThornTail Store. While not buying it won't stop you from completing the game, even heroes need a little R&R. When your hear Tricky say "Let's play!" he's ready for a game of fetch. Toss the ball around to reveal Tricky's strange ability - after you play fetch 10 times, he changes colour! Keep playing, an he'll keep changing shades.”
- —Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide, pg 7
- Star Fox Adventures; Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Games/Adventure. Platform: Nintendo GameCube,™
- Star Fox Adventures
|Star Fox Adventures Items|
|Main Collectables||Scarab • Bomb Spore • FireFly • Blue GrubTub Fungus • MoonSeed • Fuel Cell • Krazoa Spirits • SpellStone • Staff Energy Gem • Bafomdad Holder • Cheat Token|
|Tools||Krystal's Staff • Hi-Def Display Device • Laser Upgrade • Smart Bomb • CloudRunner Flute • Dinosaur Horn • FireFly Lantern • P.D.A • Scarab Bag • Fuel Barrel|
|Health||Supply Ring • PukPuk Eggs • Dumbledang Pods • Bafomdad|
|Special Items||SnowHorn Artifact • Gold Bar • Alpine Root • Bridge Cog • Fire Gem • Fire Weed • Frost Weed • Light Gem • Meteorite • Rock Candy • Sacred RedEye Teeth • Tricky's Ball • White GrubTub Fungus • Wooden Block • Sun and Moon Stones|
|Containers||Container • Item Box • SharpClaw Crate • Basket|
|Keys||Gold Key • Moon Pass Key • SharpClaw Prison Key • Shackle Key • Power Room Key|
|Other||SharpClaw Speeder • SharpClaw Cannon • Rock • Scarab Wells • SpellStone Seal • Fuel Barrel Generator • Scarab Toll|