Venomians also known as Androssians are the citizens of Venom and inhabit the planet. Andross himself became a Venomian and their emperor, after his banishment from Corneria by General Pepper. From minor enemy units, to level bosses and major villains, the Venomians serve as the main antagonists of the Star Fox series, led by Andross and his trusted lieutenants.
- Principle examples of Venomians are its self-proclaimed emperor Andross, his grandson, Dash Bowman, and also his nephew Andrew Oikonny.
- Monkeys and other primates have been sighted under Andross's rule and again during Oikonny Rebellion, indicating that they were introduced or native to Venom and are settled on the surface.
- Several of the Lylat System's lizard population are believed to be native to Venom before Andross encouraged them to help him strike back at the Cornerian Army and conquer Lylat, spreading across the system.
- Leon Powalski's homeworld is unknown, which makes it difficult to determine if he is a Venomian himself, yet it is believed that he was once a pilot in their army before joining Star Wolf.
- Wolf O'Donnell has been teammates with Leon for several years which suggests that he was once part of the army as well.
- The Anglar army (who are hinted to be created by Andross) began to thrive in the planet's toxic oceans when Corneria's attentions were drawn away from Venom during the Aparoid Invasion.
Society and Culture
Venomians seem to be aggressive to all planetary races, especially their sworn enemies, the Cornerians. The later are frequent targets of Andross's advanced, brutal army. Andross's evil ambition has served as a magnet to attract the scum of the Lylat system into his service. The most powerful and intelligent of his followers have been promoted to positions of leadership in Andross's military machine, and have been given command of specialized war machines of great power. Andross has dispatched these key lieutenants to seize strategic locations throughout the Lylat system. The machines they control come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and are always accompanied by fleets of support craft.
It was primarily believed that, due to the planets harsh conditions, nothing could survive on the surface. This theory was proved wrong when the Lylat Wars began. Under leadership with Andross's great scientific mind, the Venomians became highly adavanced in technology and warfare, equal to their Cornerian counterparts and attacked the main territories of the Lylat System. The Cornerians, too overwhelmed to oppose this threat, turned to Team Star Fox for salvation.
Andross's legions of minions had been mustered from sources throughout the Lylat system. From bio-tech enhanced monsters from the abysses of Aquas to mechanized starfighters assembled in Macbeth's weapons labs, Andross's minions had one thing in common: they were expendable. Each fighter pilot was expected to willingly give his life for the emperor; each robot was programmed to destroy or be destroyed, and each mindless bio-tech drone had been conditioned to think only one thought -- destroy Star Fox, or be destroyed. The Star Fox team faced every lieutenant at the end of each mission, defeating them before Fox McCloud bright down their emperor on their homeworld.
After the Lylat Wars, all surviving Venomians were either captured or fled into hiding, but nevertheless scattered throughout Lylat and became the least of the Cornerians worries, for their monitoring of Venom became postponed due to the Aparoid Invasion.
A small grouping of Venomians were led by Cornerian army officer, turned traitor Captain Shears, to revive Andross on Titania. This detachment's objectives were foiled by the combined forces of the Star Fox team and Hot Rodders gang.
Andrew Oikonny later led a short lived rebellion into conflict against the Cornerians above planet Fortuna. Assistance from the Star Fox team and uprising of the Aparoids turned another Venomian campaign into a disastrous defeat. But the Venomians were still far from extinct yet, evident from sightings of various criminals and equipments, whom were former soldiers in Andross's army.
After the Aparoid Invasion, the Anglar race emerged from the depths of Venom's toxic seas. Guided by the Anglar Emperor, they reformed Andross's cause and continued what the ape started many years ago. It is unknown what happened afterward, but it is generally agreed that they were defeated.
In one ending, Dash Bowman took up his grandfather's mantle and assumed leadership of a newly terraformed Venom. After he and Star Fox defeat the Anglars on Planet Venom, Dash decides to stay behind to try and make the planet a more hospitable place to live. Eventually, after years of terraforming, people begin to immigrate to the now-stable Venom. Under Dash's leadership, the planet of Venom flourished and soon matches in its environment, scientific expertise and affluence, forming a powerful empier. Eventually, Dash declares that Venom is now the center of their universe, threatening the peace of the Lylat system.
- The term Venomians is taken directly from Star Fox 64/3D , specifically the Star Fox team's service bill, showing up after the credits. It says "Venomian units destroyed: < amount here.>"
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Venomian | Ruffian|
|Venomian Fighter | Venomian Heavy Fighter | Venomian Interceptor | Venomian Stealth Bomber|
|Venomian Assault Mech | Venomian Heavy Assault Mech | Venomian Light Tank | Venomian Heavy Tank|
|Oikonny's flagship | Venomian Battlecruiser | Venomian Carrier | Sargasso Battleship|
|Andross's army | Star Wolf|
|Fortuna | Sargasso Hideout|