- "Nobody ever brings me gifts anymore!"
- —The WarpStone
The WarpStone is a giant humanoid torso made of stone, whom Fox McCloud meets in ThornTail Hollow on Dinosaur Planet in Star Fox Adventures. He is said to have been left alone to rest for a thousand years, this is probably why he cannot remember much from the past. Only invited guests are allowed to meet him. Fox gains his permission from the Queen EarthWalker.
He dwells in ThornTail Hollow, on a small, round island in the middle of a small pond directly across from the Mother ThornTail's nest. A Bomb Spore must be used to blow up the cracked wall in order to reach the place. The WarpStone is very loud and the ThornTails and ShopKeeper sometimes complain to Fox that he keeps them awake and gives them headaches.
When Fox first meets him, he only complains about not being brought gifts anymore. Fox has to buy the Rock Candy in ThornTail Store and present it to the WarpStone. At first the WarpStone is reluctant to help, but after Fox says he's a (if not THE) WarpStone and is supposed to help, he agrees to help Fox by warping him to a couple of places as well as granting access to the Game Well Maze. He uses his right hand to warp Fox to the Ice Mountain and the left one for Krazoa Palace, but will only send Fox to the Palace if he has a Krazoa Spirit, or else it will be a wasted journey. He reveals the entrance to Game Well Maze by lifting himself up a bit.
He also gives Fox the Medium Scarab Bag, after releasing his first Krazoa Spirit, because he will need to pay the strange Scarab Toll in order to enter CapeClaw. When the time is right, the WarpStone later hints to Fox that the gatekeeper of Dragon Rock is nearby, closer than can be expected.
The WarpStone's fate during the Aparoid Invasion is unknown, plus he could have been a difficult target for he is obviously neither an organic or bionic being to assimulate.
WARPSTONE - Big, heavy and friendly
- The WarpStone calls the pedestal in the cave on the Ice Mountain to which he warps Fox a "WarpStone thingie".
- The WarpStone speaks with a Scottish accent.
- Upon warping Fox to Krazoa Palace (with Fox noticing he hadn't warped Tricky with him) the WarpStone revealed, somewhat strangely, that he cannot warp dinosaurs. This makes WarpStone's purpose controversial, since the majority of Sauria's inhabitants are dinosaurs.
- The ShopKeeper often complains that the WarpStone gives him a headache.
- The WarpStone is the oldest character in the series.
- Even though he is a native of Sauria, he seems to speak in basic instead of Dino Talk. Perhaps being a creature of magic he is capable of telepathy. He may well be telepathic, as the Mother ThornTail will explain to Fox that sometimes she hears a girl's cries coming from the WarpStone.
- The WarpStone somewhat resembles Golemech in that they are rocky titans.