- "Let's see how you handle our new ships."
- —Leon Powalski
The Wolfen II was an upgraded Wolfen starfighter used by the Star Wolf team during the Lylat Wars. The Wolfen IIs were technologically advanced to the Star Fox team's Arwing starfighters in several areas: its G-Diffuser unit was greatly improved allowing a better shielding system, quicker recharge for performing loops, immelmans, boosts, and brakes, and supported an anti-Smart bomb and anti-charge beam systems, effectively rendering Charged Lasers and Smart Bombs worthless against them. It upgraded its single lasers to twin lasers, making it effectively more powerful than the Wolfen.
Also these fighters could barrel roll like the Arwings to deflect lasers, but only for a moment. The Arwing's only advantage was in its maneuverability with its ability to hold a tighter turn. In fact, the fighters were so advanced and elaborate that the pilots who controlled it required special targeting gear and life support equipment to handle the speed and maneuverability of the fighter. The Wolfen IIs were used in the defense of Andross' palace during the Battle of Venom, but despite their technological superiority and advances, Star Wolf was defeated and shot down by Star Fox in the end. In Star Fox 64, you can only encounter these ships if you went to Venom from Area 6.
It seems that after the Lylat Wars, the Star Wolf team abandoned this particular model in favor of their previous ships.
- The Wolfen II ships are each worth an incredible 50 points upon being shot down, making them the most point worthy enemies in Star Fox 64/3D along with the Macbeth Weapons Factory, even more than Andross's brain, the final boss. All four ships together makes up a score of 204 points, although, the longer the player takes to shoot the Wolfen II down, the less points are given.
- The front beak of the Wolfen IIs resembles the "Interceptor Class Arwing" from Star Fox 2.
- The Wolfen II is an upgraded version from the original Wolfen, same with the Arwing II, a customised Arwing, and it's more advanced than the original.
- Panther Caroso's personal starfighter, Black Rose, resembles the Wolfen II.
- The colours of the Wolfen II are changed to the Wolfen's red and grey colour scheme in Star Fox 64 3D.
NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Wolf O'Donnell | Leon Powalski | Panther Caroso|
|Andrew Oikonny | Pigma Dengar | Krystal|
|Wolfen | Wolfen II | Wolfen Landmaster (non-canon)|