- “Fox, we have very little information about the mysterious planet of Venom. Andross has undoubtedly built a base of maze-like tunnels going deep into the planet. Because his base is hewn from solid rock, there is no way for us to learn anything about it from orbit. At this point, you'll be up against the most elite of enemy forces. The Star Wolf team is sure to show up, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were flying the most advanced ships in Andross's arsenal. This will be your last battle before you go up against Andross himself, so be prepared to fight hard!”
- —General Pepper's Flight Log, pg 106
The Wolfen II was the most advanced ships in Andross's arsenal, manufactured in the weapons labs on Macbeth. Technologically advanced in comparison to the Star Fox team's Arwing starfighters in several areas: its G-Diffuser unit was greatly improved allowing a better shielding system, quicker recharge for performing loops, Immelmann turns, boosts, and brakes, and supported an anti-Smart bomb and anti-charge beam systems, effectively rendering Charged Lasers and Smart Bombs worthless against them. It upgraded its single lasers to twin lasers, making it effectively more powerful than the Wolfen. Also, these fighters could barrel roll like the Arwings to deflect lasers, but only for a moment. The Arwing's only advantage was in its maneuverability with its ability to hold a tighter turn. In fact, the fighters were so advanced and elaborate that the pilots who controlled it required special targeting gear and life support equipment to handle the speed and maneuverability of the fighter.
- “Let's see how you handle our NEW ships!”
- —Leon Powalski
The Wolfen II was used in the defense of Andross's palace during the Battle of Venom, but despite their technological superiority and advances, Star Wolf was defeated and shot down by Star Fox in the end. Slippy Toad and Falco Lombardi seemed to have an interest in the Wolfen II, however these were most likely to be sarcastic remarks, and a signal that they needed assistance. It seems that after the Lylat Wars, the Star Wolf team abandoned this particular model in favor of their previous ships, though modifying them in the like of the Wolfen II's capabilities.
Names in Other Languages
|Japanese||(ウルフェンII Wolfen II)|
(超高性能全領域戦闘機 Ultrahigh Performance All-Range Fighter)
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
- Slippy Toad: "Hey! Nice aircraft, guys!" -Venom
- Falco Lombardi: "I see you've got new ships." -Venom
- Peppy Hare: "I can't break free!" -Venom
|Members||Wolf O'Donnell • Leon Powalski • Pigma Dengar • Andrew Oikonny • Panther Caroso|
|Other Members||Krystal • Ruffian • Algy|
|Vehicles||Wolfen • Wolfen II • Hunter • Rainbow Delta • Black Rose • Pigma's ship|