|This page is currently undergoing maintenance. This may be due to out of date information or new information detailing from an upcoming or newly released game. Therefore, please excuse its incomplete and informal current state.|
Zoness's role in the games.
Star Fox 64/3D
Mission No 4. Zoness: Toxic Waste Area; Invasion Aftermath
Type: Corridor Mode
In Star Fox 64 and the 3DS rerelease, Zoness is only approached from Aquas. The following route is determinate by the result of avoiding detection by the Radar Buoys. If you can pass Zoness without being detected, you'll then rendezous with ROB 64 and Great Fox in Sector Z. You should be able to take cover there with the amount the space junk. If Andross's forces detect you, you'll have to divert your attack to a different front. Macbeth, Andross's supply depot, would be the perfect place to deal him a crippling blow and turn the tide of the war.
- Slippy will be tailed just after passing the last Kani
- Katt will get tailed just after passing the Todora after she appears
- Radar Buoys
- Bandit Fighters
- Venomian Tankers
- Scout Pods
- Patrol Boats
Official Site Data
- “Andross has turned Zoness into a toxic waste dump and is rumored to be building a supply base there. The Star Fox Team must perform a reconnaissance in force to find out what Andross is planning. Watch out for mutated native life-forms-- they're tough! Andross's refinery installations have security systems with high powered searchlights to scan through Zoness's tainted atmosphere. Don't let the searchlights spot you or you'll lose the element of surprise.
Intelligence - Destroy every searchlight without being spotted to continue on to Sector Z.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Medal Score: 250 hits
Checkpoint Goal: 150 hits
- “The bird-like mutant creatures of Zoness are tough, but shooting them down will give you 6 points each, plus a bomb. When Katt Monroe shows up, be sure to fly ahead of her since you won't get points for the enemies she shoots down. After the Checkpoint, follow Slippy under the three platforms. As you go, bomb the barges to clear all the targets off of them. Towards the end of the mission, small flotillas of patrol boats will jet ahead of you. You can take out the complete fleet with a well-placed bomb.”
- —Star Fox 64.com
Star Fox 64 3D site
- To get to Macbeth, play through the level normally.
- To get to Sector Z, destroy every search light.
- Score needed for medal
Star Fox: Assault
Although Zoness was not a target of the Aparoids during the Aparoid Invasion, Zoness appears as a VS. Mode stage for Star Fox: Assault. It seems to have mostly recovered from the pollution during the Lylat Wars, as its water is now a dark blue, presumably restoring it to its former paradise glory. Also, during the story mode, one of the ads on the Corneria Campaign had an advertisement involving a clean-up briefing on Zoness (implying that, while most of the pollution on Zoness was gone, there were still traces of it that needed to be removed). This advertisement cannot be seen on multiplayer mode. On the multiplayer mode, there is a spot that shows a map of Corneria City (this can only be seen if two players are active).
Star Fox Zero
Mission 4. Zoness - Occupied Planet; Covert Ops
Vehicle: Gyrowing, Arwing
Type: All-Range Mode
Zoness appears as the fourth stage in the main game. After preventing the Gigarilla from leaving Area 3, Fox uses the Gyrowing to fly through a portal to find out where it was planned to go. He found himself on Zoness in an enemy base, which formerly belonged to the Cornerian Army. Fox is ordered by General Pepper to take out the bases shield generators so that the Cornerian fleet can attack.
The player needed to navigate the stage in the Gyrowing, while trying not to get spotted by the searchlights similarly in Star Fox 64. While shutting down the bases shields Fox receives a distress signal from Katt Monroe, apparently stuck inside a shield generator and needs to be freed. If the player succeeds in shutting down the shield generators protecting the base, freeing Katt in the process, the base will go into self-destruct mode. Great Fox awaits Katt and Fox's escape as the Androssian base explodes behind them, after Katt shows Fox a path out, thearby completing the mission.
S - Mission 3. Zoness - Occupied Planet; Sneak Attack
In this sub-mission, you need to complete the level the same way as before, except in your Arwing instead. Additionally, a seven-minute time limit is in place.
- NINTENDO POWER Star Fox 64: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Redmond, WA, Nintendo of America. 1997.
|Planets||Aparoid Homeworld • Aquas • Cerinia • Corneria • Fichina • Fortuna • Grippia • Katina • Kew • Macbeth • Papetoon • Sauria • Solar • Titania • Venom • Zoness|
|Sectors||Sector α • Sector β • Sector γ • Sector Ω • Area 6 • Meteo • Sector X • Sector Y • Sector Z • Warp Zone • Out of This Dimension|
|Artificial Objects||Black Hole • Orbital Gate • Bolse • Meteor • Sargasso Hideout • Space Armada • Astropolis|
|Cities||Corneria City • Katina Frontline Base • Katina Outpost • Fichina Base • Fichina City • Climate control center • Aquas Ruins • Area 3|